Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Honestly, no jokes now, please;

I know a number of vendors in mainland have dropped CNI and even Newwish. The results have been nothing short of horrible quality assurance.

But I still think that small host properly built is capable of close to and even over 200mW @532. What I am asking for, are your suggestions regarding the best 200mW+ laser (small host, 2XAAA). I don't mind spending more than FukulPrice as long as they produce a nice, consistent product. I sincerely thank all of you who replied.

As Grix said, 200mW in 2x AAA host in not technically possible due to limitations of current draw from batteries.

Even if you managed to pull out 1.2 A out of them which is around average needed for 200mW of green output, they'd last very short time, 2 minutes or so, maximum - before sagging down to unusable levels.

Next, heatsinking problem - 200mW module would produce aproximately 1W of heat which needs taking care of.

It's just not possible.

Buy from Optotronics, as Grix suggested, and you'll get a high quality pen which will serve you for years to come. Sure, you can get same "stated" power from cheap DX-alike sites, but you'll regret it when it dies on you.
In about month or two.

I'd buy from optronix any day. Laser Glow, sadly, s a whole different story.