Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Homemade laser pointer

Hi, I am making a homemade laser pointer with a dvd burner diode, and I was wondering what are you thoughts on this specific burner. What I want is about 200 mW of output. Thanks!

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136108

RobTheVIP said:
Hi, I am making a homemade laser pointer with a dvd burner diode, and I was wondering what are you thoughts on this specific burner.  What I want is about 200 mW of output. Thanks!

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136108

So how did you do????
It is ready >
Show us some pictures
:)
I'm in the process of looking for someone with "brains" who can do this to me......
What I have is a 808nm diode they are rated at 200-500mw
Any help ?????
Pm me with price.
Have 1 on me Vodka....... ;D

Hi Vodka.

The 808nm diode you have , really is not going to be useful to you, unless you are either.
A: planning to make an invisible Infrared Invisible close range burner (not really advisable)
B: Making your own DPSS coloured laser, using crystal sets and filters (very difficult).

I think Rob was refering to 200mw of 650-670nm red (found in some DVD burners)

I took a photo of an 808nm diode for you from my CNI that I broke, yet rescued to turn into a module, you can clearly see it behind the IR filter, and is probably outputting 200mw of Infrared light, the MCA is just at a point before lasing green.

Jase

Attachments

• IR_808.jpg
    IR_808.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 245