Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HOLOGRAM brings dead back to life!!!

I tried to search for this but search is not wanting to cooperate ATM>
its cool enough to deserve a double thread anyhooo.
SEE this
Tupac Shakur Hologram at Coachella Brings the Rapper Back From the Dead (VIDEO) | The Stir
PROPS to the creator!!!
awesome!!
cant wait to see where this goes!!
Creator Of Tupac Hologram Says Dr. Dre Helped Bring Rapper "Back To Life" | Hip-Hop Wired

Not sure this was best section for this -but a holograms can be a 'show' and they are made with lasers so... Mod may move with my thanks.

hak

Last edited:

thanks for sharing this hak i think it is incredible +1 also i like tupac ;)

That is truly amazing. I don't know enough about laser holograms but don't you need the original shape or person to record the 3 dimensional image with the laser? Or is this more related to computer graphics technology?

LSRFAQ

its 2012, and "The Shark Still Looks Fake", quoting M.J. Fox in BTTF II.

Tupacs ghost is done with a multiplate "Pepper's Ghost".

No sensitive RGB laser freezeframe holo film nor the proper pulsed RGB lasers existed when Tupac was alive.

If a view of Tupac from at least 3 very well synced and positioned Hi-Def cameras existed, some neat recreation could be done with 2012 technolgy, but think "Avatar" in costs.

If he was filmed with the type of single shot full sized image ruby holocamera that has been around since the late 70s, it would be a still and he'd be wearing either od4 contact lenses or shades... The Ruby holocameras are still used, but I cannot disclose the why and wherefore. I worked briefly worked on one for Breast cancer detection.

Modern color hologram stills are plotted with a special plotter after intensive computer calculation.

Your looking at video projected on special stretched and coated plastic films.
The WOW is in the grade and clarity of plastic that needs to be used, and how well its stretched, which is amazingly well.

Hologram in this case is marketing fluff, as come see "Pepper's Ghost" just does not cut it.

RIP Tupac, your stuff was at least cleaner then the modern stuff.

Steve

Last edited:
sad to see a few flashes of green pointers in the crowd-- always some fool like that. no respect.

he also didnt only rap about money and hoes :crackup: he was very very talented...

OK I posted almost the same at PeeLee and got somewhat rudely told it was NOT a hologram and was NOT made using lasers..... mmmkay.. they call it a hologram on the newz so.. I did same[--so shoot me.]perhaps there was an undertone of Tupac hatering going on.. still cool=those who saw it in person say the vid did not do the actual event justice. not to make fun of the dead- buy IIRC Jay Leno joked (before Tupacs death, of course) that he had been shot before when leaving a club in his inner thigh==the joke was.... if the wound was a few inches to the left he would now be known a One-pac.. the joke was funny then...now...not so much.

Snoopdog and Dre got such pos. response that there will be more of the same including a few other rappers no longer around. It was done with 2D prolly rear projected on a clear(ish) screen..(ala Peppers Ghost) it was kept pretty much under wraps so the audience had no idea it was going to happen.. I heard that at first the crowd was hushed and very surprized.. and still at 47sec you can see flashes of a green pointer in the vid and more easily seen one the TV video.. hak

hc5ln.jpg