Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hit-lasers

I've bougth here my 250mW module for DIY green Jayrob kit.
You need too solder a spring for the battery and did some alu-folie for better fitting in the heat sink..... I like the beam , it's thick in de beginning and no much divergence at the end of the beam... It burns holes in black tape directly from 4.5 meters (I test this :) ) I try to burning matches but it doesn't work.... I think the beam is not focused enough to do that, also I have no safety glasses so it's to bright for the eyes .
I hope someone wil buy this module with a Laser pwr Meter.....I hope it's really so much mW.... ( I've had a 150mW O-like module before but i think this one is brigther. Soon I go to test it if my brother bring his laser with that 150mW module....
The glasses from the kaleidoscopic tips I have with this Jayrob kit are not melting , I was a little bit afraid for that

This shop is also nice for the europa customers, the package was really fast sended to my home im the netherlands (2 days)

936717198_5_4Iyg.jpeg

I like this picture. A lot of sunlight goes into the room and the beams are still visible.
I was cooking the before so there was al little bit smoke in the room, but not much

Benm

Seems pretty bright alright.

Where exactly did you order this module and at what price?

No that is a typo..........
Trust me, the laser you have is not outputting 250mW.

That is DX style green laser module, and you will be lucky if it really outputs 100mW.
The reason it's not 250 is explained techically...

Typical DPSS 532 nm conversion efficiency is around 20-25 %.
So, in order to get 250mW green light with best efficiency of 25%, you need 1W IR diode 808nm pump.

To power 1W diode you need just about 1.2 A of current.
Those modules are designed for installation in pen style cases that have 2x AAA supply.
You are NOT getting 1.2A from AAA alkalines.

Now, you maybe want to take a look around the laser world and see if anybody actualy has 200mW green pen.
Nope, highest sustained power is around 150mA because of the 2x AAA supply that can in most cases supply only 600-700mA, not much more.

Also, don't trust everything you see.
Take a subjective look.
Main text of that module states 250mW (bull) and 600mA currect consumption.
You want to do the math, or should I?

if you supply 3V as described, with 0.6A current, that is total of <1.5W of input electrical power.
If you are having output of 250mW green light, that would mean the efficiency of the entire system is 16.6 % .

Now, the real DPSS green laser system efficiency is rarely over 10%.
And even that is real high.
Normal 200mW green laser module consumes around 1 A of current. Do the math.

Benm

The specifications seem to contradict themselves at several points, thats rarely a good sign. 250 mW doesnt seem very feasible to me either, considering the electrical specifications.

The DX module's are different on the pictures.....And I use CR123 battery who's are 3.7 + volts

The DX module's are different on the pictures.....And I use CR123 battery who's are 3.7 + volts
So you are claiming the output of 250mW of green line?

Look man, I am not trying to put down your efforts or anything,
and I know you spend huge amount of money on the thing,

But please take my word for it and understand that it's nowhere near the 250mW.

Just for the reference, my green pen of which I measured output to be 100mW flat, CAN light a match, I DO NOT need to 'paint' it back with marker.

Your 250mW cannot. Can you see my point?

I am just realistically telling you what your laser is, not what it's supposed to be.

Please do not take any offence, but try to understand that your claims are futile.

Unless you have a 1.5 W C-mount laser diode in 12 mm laser module, it is NOT 250mW since such power requires a C-mount diode instead of 9mm can one.

Someone with a Laser power meter had to buy this module to test it. Then we know it ;)

I had a before a 100mW O-like module. It was really easy to light a match... Then I had a O-like 150mW module and lighting matches was harder to do......
Now i have this module and I'm quite sure its much more brighter then the o-like module's and it doesn't light a match. It's al about focus I think.... The Hit-laser module has a thick beam instead of the o-like who had a thin beam

Someone with a Laser power meter had to buy this module to test it. Then we know it ;)

I had a before a 100mW O-like module. It was really easy to light a match... Then I had a O-like 150mW module and lighting matches was harder to do......
Now i have this module and I'm quite sure its much more brighter then the o-like module's and it doesn't light a match. It's al about focus I think.... The Hit-laser module has a thick beam instead of the o-like who had a thin beam
Exactly.

But hold on... if you used to buy O-like modules , why the hell did you pay €100 for that module you have now...

Anyhow, I believe nobody will spend THAT much money on the module we KNOW it's not over 150mW for sure.
But there are some members here that can test out the laser for you, only for the charge of shipping back and forth I think.

Depends of would you trust them or not, but I assure you that this community is way bigger than you think right now, and no scammers will find their way around here.
If they guy has more than 1000 posts, he is considered a 'Veteran' member here, and all of Veterans are trustfull.

Well, it is all up to you.

do you think i should buy a:

green 532nm of 150mw or a red 660nm 200mw from rayfoss.com

Thanks
Dude, what you are doing is called thread-jacking.

Quick answer = 150mW green.

Don't do that again, open your own threads for questions you may have, and do more research.

Please read this carefully.

You have 2 very intelligent people who own many lasers, and spend their time learning about lasers everyday.

Then there is you. You do not even have a 1/10 of the knowledge of these 2 guys combined. You dont have piles of lasers, nor the equipment to compare what you have now.

So be smart, dont take offence, and listen to what these knowledgeable members are telling you. They know what they are talking about, and they are spending their time trying to help you.