Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

High power spartan laser

Hello everybody :)

I'm building a spartan laser from halo 3 and I would like to know if there is some kind of chip that will keep the laser off for 3 seconds then turn the laser on for 1 second then turn it off.
I will have a mode for that.
It will have a 5mw red laser on the bottom that will work as a sight before it shoots.
And It will have a wonderful 300mw red laser to shoot out, I will have a button to set if you want it to stay on and not just go on for 1 second after waiting 3 seconds.
I am only putting a 300mw red laser in it because this is my first driver build and soldering a diode.
Any ideas (not safety precautions I have that figured out :3)
Keep the replies coming! :)

EDIT: Maybe I will only need 200-150mW from a DVD burner :)

Cam453

Soooo just out of curiosity what's the joke with the 9000 mw laser that is "kipkay driven" XD

The green laser ( if it is 100 mW ) will be much brighter then the 300mW red.

What lasers do you own ? or is this your first laser build ?

Last edited:
LOL (SARCASM) The thing is I find Kipkay very knowledgeable with lasers he has the record breaking cheapest laser diode driver it is 0 dollars if you have wires, The build can be difficult for some but you just have to have good fingers to wrap the 2 pieces of wires around the diode. (END SARCASM)

The green laser ( if it is 100 mW ) will be much brighter then the 300mW red.

What lasers do you own ? or is this your first laser build ?

This is my first build actually making the ddl, I know the green will look brighter to the eyes but the real laser on halo is red... I have owned over 10 pot modded greens when I was 9 and since then I have learned alot about lasers I am 12 now...
I am getting a focusable 30mw in the mail any day and I am building a 100mw green lab style before this.
I am pretty educated :)

Would you like to show us pics about your 100mw green lab style any day soon:D ?

Would you like to show us pics about your 100mw green lab style any day soon:D ?

I just ordered the 100mw green laser module.
My 30mw focusable green laser should come any day now, It has been like three friggin weeks :p