Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

High Power Blue Laser Pointer Pen 450nm Burn Military Focus Visible Beam on eBay

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well a positive is, it isn't one of those cheap Chinese models. Also I can tell that he is using a M140 and the heatsink should be adequate for that type of diode for a short time only. The divergence seems a bit low for a M140 though, but others may be able to verify this if using a different lens. I used a g2 lens and had a divergence of 2-2.5mRad. He seems legit on first glance, but I have no experience with the seller. I would use a duty cycle anyway, as it will improve your diode lifetime. The most important question though is with you, what goggles have you got?

Last edited:

Sta

The item name sounds Chinese, but it isn't a normal Chinese host. Instead, some dullard decided to put an A-140/M-140 into an UltraFire AA flashlight. I do not think that heat sinking is sufficient for this diode.

Also, way overpriced. :D

Edit: hey, I'm a veteran now!

Last edited:

diachi

The price is rather steep (Compared to reputable Chinese manufacturers at least) and I don't see how that'd ever manage a continuous duty cycle without getting dangerously warm - 2-3 minutes should be OK though. Not the worst deal I've seen ... assuming the internal construction looks as good as the exterior anyway. Might be a member here that's selling it - does look like a hobbyist build.

Sanwu offers a 3W 445nm for slightly less: https://sites.google.com/site/hkfew5e22/Series/Spike

Seconded on everything there Curtis - especially goggles.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It may or may not be 2W, probably not. It's definitely not continuous duty in that size host, especially if it is close to 2W.
I would be real suspicious of those safety glasses that come with it!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Definitely go with Sanwu, rather than an unknown seller when you have the choice. Something I didn't notice the first time round.

the package include:
1xAluminum Box
1xBlue Laser Pointer
1xRechargeable Battery
1xBattery Charger
1xFold sunglasses

Sta

The description is also full of baloney (2W 450nm in TEM00? Come on.)
So I would not trust the power either. It will probably end up at either 1W or 1.6W.

Sta

:eek::eek:

Can't seem them in the pictures, I really hope it isn't just a pair of sunglasses...

Hey, if they are, at least you will get some free sunglasses with your laser :crackup:

Razako

No way is that constant duty cycle. My Sanwu 3W spiker gets kinda hot after being left on for 5+ minutes, and it's in a massive heatsinked host.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, a bit worrying IMO. I just checked his feedback. He charges the same price whether it is a 405 or 450.
How many people are using sunglasses thinking they are safe? :tsk:

Chuckh

Curtis, for the lasers I have already. One 405nm 1 watt and my cheap green one that does not burn, I have these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DP2HJ0S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They were $42.00 with free shipping.

I have a 1 watt red (650nm) and for that one I got this pair:

Eagle Pair® 190-400nm & 580-760nm Laser Safety Goggles
This one was also $42.00 and free shipping but there is a coupon code somewhere that I discovered in some thread in one of the laser pointer forums here and got 10% off that one. I used Google to help me find that.

I was leary of his claims too and decided not to buy that one.

Last edited:

Chuckh

I would probably not use the "sunglasses" that he lists. A lot of times the ones on eBay are cheap. I wonder sometimes if they would even block a 5 mw laser, that is assuming that the wavelength of the laser matches them in the first place or they would be useless.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Good, the OD on those glasses is more than enough for ~2W of 445nm. Go with Sanwu and enjoy but stay safe.

joeyss

The item name sounds Chinese, but it isn't a normal Chinese host. Instead, some dullard decided to put an A-140/M-140 into an UltraFire AA flashlight. I do not think that heat sinking is sufficient for this diode.

Also, way overpriced. :D

Edit: hey, I'm a veteran now!

This you can find domestic 303/303s for like 10 tenth of that.

my red is a 110mW fully focusable.

So i'd wager you'd get atleast 50mw at worst probaly 80-120mw which is enough to burn white easily when focused to a tiny dot.