Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

High power 635 ?

I own a lovely custom built 658 nm stingray built by Milos and outputting 270mw.

However, I am now in the market for a reasonably priced high power (200+) 635nm. Preferably focusable. Pen or torch style (don't mind which).

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Either to one of the Far-East vendors or a custom built from somebody here?

Thanks/regards

David

From a quick look at diode prices, this would seem to be a hopeless quest ;-(

Alternatively, how about even a reasonably priced lower power (say 25-50mw) unit?

Things

I'm guessing, if you want it in a portable host, you'd be looking for 5.6mm diode that would fit into the Aixiz module?

Grix

Heruursciences sells 1W 635nm c-mounts for about $200 I think. He has some bad reputation as a seller though.

diachi

Heruursciences sells 1W 635nm c-mounts for about $200 I think. He has some bad reputation as a seller though.

I've not dealt with Chris personally, but going with what others have read I would avoid him if you plan on spending lots of cash ! :(

I'm guessing, if you want it in a portable host, you'd be looking for 5.6mm diode that would fit into the Aixiz module?

Yikes. No idea. I was hoping to buy an already-built unit. I am like a girl when it comes to making stuff.

I'm trying to deal with Chris right now and we will see what happens, hope it's good ! I'm looking for some Hi-Power 9mm's

Peace All...

I've not dealt with Chris personally, but going with what others have read I would avoid him if you plan on spending lots of cash ! :(

daguin

I'm trying to deal with Chris right now and we will see what happens, hope it's good ! I'm looking for some Hi-Power 9mm's
Peace All...

OFF TOPIC -- Chris is "hit-or-miss." Sometimes he shines. Sometimes he sucks. The challenge is that the "sucks" ones are the ones that get all the press.

ON TOPIC -- I'm afraid that you are searching in vain. The highest powered, small, affordable 635 diode I have seen is ~15mW. I am happy with my 7mW pointer ;)

Peace,
dave

I can't believe no one mentioned Glenn! Scopeguy has a top notch reputation here, hes literally the man when it comes to getting what you want. He has a great relationship with CNI and I believe they offer exactly what your looking for. They cherry pick his lasers so everything is over-spec. Check the group buy section and this link.

PGL-III-635/5~300mW
http://cnilaser.com/PDF/PGL-III-635.pdf

Things

I can't believe no one mentioned Glenn! Scopeguy has a top notch reputation here, hes literally the man when it comes to getting what you want. He has a great relationship with CNI and I believe they offer exactly what your looking for. They cherry pick his lasers so everything is over-spec. Check the group buy section and this link.

PGL-III-635/5~300mW
http://cnilaser.com/PDF/PGL-III-635.pdf

No one knew he was looking for a pre-built laser until his last post :p

Also, the 635nm cmounts are multimode, which is very ugly to try collimate. I wouldn't recommend touching the c-mount reds unless you have the right optics for the job, it's not as simple as gluing them to the back of an Aixiz module.