Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi There!

Hello Everyone,

I'm just introducing myself to start as I've just recently registered an account here.

My name is Antony and I'm posting from Liverpool, UK...

I've got something of an obsession with Lasers and in particular Gas lasers. I have built a number of DIY laser diode based systems of various wavelengths and power outputs and also restored a number of commercially manufactured systems....

My latest Gas laser restoration projects include a Spectra Physics 161C-410 Argon ion Laser head, a JDS Uniphase 2214R-40MLA Argon ion cylindrical laser head and 2214B PSU. I'm also in the process of restoring a Cyonics/JDS 2201-20SLE Argon laser and a Cyonics 2101-20SLE PSU.

I'm hoping to be able to integrate into the LPF community and shed some light (no pun intended) and provide help and input for the community when needed...

When I'm not messing with lasers, I'm normally designing new projects or repairing various electronic equipment and occasional releasing the "magic smoke" ;)

Nice one people.

diachi

Hello Everyone,

I'm just introducing myself to start as I've just recently registered an account here.

My name is Antony and I'm posting from Liverpool, UK...

I've got something of an obsession with Lasers and in particular Gas lasers. I have built a number of DIY laser diode based systems of various wavelengths and power outputs and also restored a number of commercially manufactured systems....

My latest Gas laser restoration projects include a Spectra Physics 161C-410 Argon ion Laser head, a JDS Uniphase 2214R-40MLA Argon ion cylindrical laser head and 2214B PSU. I'm also in the process of restoring a Cyonics/JDS 2201-20SLE Argon laser and a Cyonics 2101-20SLE PSU.

I'm hoping to be able to integrate into the LPF community and shed some light (no pun intended) and provide help and input for the community when needed...

When I'm not messing with lasers, I'm normally designing new projects or repairing various electronic equipment and occasional releasing the "magic smoke" ;)

Nice one people.

Welcome to the forum! :)

If you haven't been already, you should head on over to the gas laser section. We'd appreciate your content and input I'm sure! There just aren't enough of us into gas these days! :(

Hi WizzleLabs :wave:
Welcome to the forum.

@ Davidx
That Beamer 532 you have under your name always catches my eye and I think it says banned, and I am like ... Uh-Oh, what did he do?!? :D

Welcome to the forum! :)

If you haven't been already, you should head on over to the gas laser section. We'd appreciate your content and input I'm sure! There just aren't enough of us into gas these days! :(
Nice one diachi,

I shall indeed head over to the Gas laser section of this forum and have a Gas.....So to speak. There's just something about Gas lasers... apart from all those lovely photons and the resulting coherent light...

Even the expense is worth it for something special :)

diachi

Nice one diachi,

I shall indeed head over to the Gas laser section of this forum and have a Gas.....So to speak. There's just something about Gas lasers... apart from all those lovely photons and the resulting coherent light...

Even the expense is worth it for something special :)

They can be expensive (Although you can get great deals on eBay and occasionally on here too!) and are usually power hungry, but it's hard to find anything else that's quite as impressive in terms of beam quality and colour that doesn't break the bank.

Thank you Davidx,

I think, I'll fit right in here....

I'm looking forward to getting stuck in :)

Just a little hint - you can use the multiquote button when replying to multiple posts, that way you only need to respond once. Makes things look more clean! :) Hit multiquote on each post you want to reply to and then hit quote on one of them to start replying! :D

Last edited:
Hi WizzleLabs :wave:
Welcome to the forum.

@ Davidx
That Beamer 532 you have under your name always catches my eye and I think it says banned, and I am like ... Uh-Oh, what did he do?!? :D
Laser Chick,

Thank you very much,

I can feel the warm glow now....Oh wait, I shouldn't have left that 445nm 2 watt laser diode on. Curses!

Seriously though, Nice one :)

diachi

Uhhh ... I think I need more coffee. I meant to give you +rep but hit negative by accident. I'll see if I can get someone to remove that... :(

Edit: Messaged ARG - Hopefully he can help :)

Last edited:
Roger that, diachi.

Ive just noticed that button now :)

As for Gas lasers....You can't beat the warm glow of a gas laser.....Or in the case of Argon Lasers; the room heating quality of them. Gas lasers are really expensive when you find good ones. I was luck to get the 3 Argon lasers I have here as they were facing the scrapheap. I've got some Old HeNe units to refurb once I find the time to pull myself away from the latest project :)

Last edited:
Uhhh ... I think I need more coffee. I meant to give you +rep but hit negative by accident. I'll see if I can get someone to remove that... :(

Edit: Messaged ARG - Hopefully he can help :)

Haha, I was like WHAT when I saw his reputation :p

-Alex

diachi

Roger that, diachi.

Ive just noticed that button now :)

As for Gas lasers....You can't beat the warm glow of a gas laser.....Or in the case of Argon Lasers; the room heating quality of them. Gas lasers are really expensive when you find good ones. I was luck to get the 3 Argon lasers I have here as they were facing the scrapheap. I've got some Old HeNe units to refurb once I find the time to pull myself away from the latest project :)

They make great space heaters when you need to heat the place up quickly in the winter! What models are your Argon lasers?

Wish I still had my HeCd, unfortunately I left it in Scotland - that was quite the laser. A friend is still holding on to it for me as far as I know...

Haha, I was like WHAT when I saw his reputation :p

-Alex

I know, one of those days I think! Left negative rep with a rather nice comment to go along with it. :confused::rolleyes:

All fixed now thanks to ARG! :)

Edit: Got it right that time! :D

Last edited: