Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi there =]

Hi, I am Peter and I am happy I found a forum all dealing with lasers!
The reason I registered in this forum is simple. I want to get sufficient info in order to decide what laser I am going to buy. It would be very helpful and kind from you to tell me something about lasers generally and suggest me some specific laser pointer products which can light matches etc.( note: I am searching for something that doesn't cost more than 50 euros)
I am waiting for your suggestions :)

Regards,
Peter

Switch

Welcome to the forum! :D

Lots of info in the stickies and FAQs.Be sure to read those first, and if you think you have a rare question, then ask.There are tons of ordinary quiestions that have been answered before many times over and can be found with a simple search.

Zom-B

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you look for something complete, try the DX Dilda for $53. (Non-US unfortunately)

You can also search for BluRay's (BluRay is a forum member) red or blu-ray modules with driver (only needs host & batteries) - or buy laser diodes and drivers separately, also explained on the forum

I'm intentionally not giving direct links because it is good to READ a lot on the forum to familiarize you with the subject. (Try beginning with the stickies)

I need something that is already a laser and can burn things. I don't have much time for search so I need direct suggestions. And I am asking you because I know that you have bought such things and you know what you need. So?

P.S Hopefully, I am buying a laser at Christmaas =]

Zom-B

do you know the dangers of a laser that can burn? do you know the legal consequences? do you plan on buying safety goggles? Do you know most lasers here are at least 25-50 times more powerful than necessary to permanently blind someone?

[edit]added "permanent". literal translations from my own language don't work well in all cases (blind has two meanings in Dutch, both to be blind (permanent), and 'blinding' (temporarily) :p

Euros, huh? I also would say get the 200mW red laser at dealextreme.com. You can buy red safety goggles dragonlasers.com. Yes, they are necessary, if you want to see ever again.

Silvershot, take a look at the number of posts made by Switch and Zom-B combined . . . :eek:

Although you may only just about be a teenager (I guess) don't be lazy, at least try as they have suggested .

BTW
What's "Christmaas =] " ?

Milos

welcome,
Buy 593,5nm yellow/orange lasers. You can't burn anything with them, but they are my favorite looking laser beam. Thats why you should probably not buy one though ..:).
If you are into burning/mfocusable high powered lasers, best choices are home made reds and violt lasers made by few members here. Such as Igor, Daguin(Dave), Andy_Con, jayrob, Kenom. Sorry if I am missing name of genuine builder/seller here, but with little reading, you'll get the picture yourself.

but the best laser of all is the one built by yourself  ;)

peace

Miloš

Milos

Silvershot said:
If I point a ballon with a burning laser are my eyes in danger?

its not really about a balloon. Its about reflection from objects that can send that powerful beam back to your eye accidentally. Think of it that way.

for example, if you are popping balloon and it explodes, the beam continues through the "explosion" and hits something in the back like a tv or mirror, and those objects then reflect the beam into your or someone else's eyes.

think DANGER/SAFETY !

dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11315~r.84178166
check this out plz. I think I am going to buy it. can u tell me if its good? is it really 200 mW?

daguin

Silvershot said:
dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11315
check this out plz. I think I am going to buy it. can u tell me if its good? is it really 200 mW?

Outside of the US or Australia, the Dildalaser is the best deal going for burning power vs. money spent.

It is well known in this forum (as are DX personal referral numbers)

Peace,
dave

daguin

Silvershot said:
what do you mean bro?

I mean that this power of laser can no longer be ordered in the US or Australia. I mean that the laser you have linked to is referred to here as the dildalaser. I mean that it is well known and has been discussed at length here. I mean that most of us understand what the number after the "~" is for in your helpful link.

Any more questions?

Peace,
dave

daguin

Silvershot said:
Yes, I asked if its really 200 mW oO and worth to buy :)

This lets me know that you have not read any of the postings about this laser nor have you even done a simple search to learn for yourself.

The laser CAN do 200mW. You get no guarantee from either the maker or the seller. There are ways to increase the output. They are discussed in some of the threads in this forum. Without a Laser Power Meter, you wouldn't know anyway. It will look bright and it will burn dark colored objects.

I re-state my earlier answer -- It is the best deal when looking at cost vs. output.

If you want to be "spoon fed", don't whine about what gets shoved into your mouth.

If you want to know or learn . . . READ.

Peace,
dave