Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi There! I’m a noobie here, but I own several powerful lasers, but I have a question!

Papasmurf32118

I'm into models and had this very same idea. The blue phasers could be thought of as quantum phasers. You'd want 490nm as it would be bright at lower power levels.
Are you also adding in fiber optics for lighting? What version of Enterprise are you augmenting?

Would you know where I could get a blue version? As @aug is not reposnding to my questions ?

Snecho

Would you know where I could get a blue version? As @aug is not reposnding to my questions ?
Aug is very busy at the moment. Just give it some time.

Also, at 490nm the lasers would look almost green when the phasers are blue.

Look at the Sharp GH04850B2G diodes. They tend to fall between 487nm and 493nm. The lower wavelengths look very light blue with the higher ones more of a cyan color with more green in them. If driven at 200 mA they can output up to 100 mW with an acrylic lens. Threshold is around 30 mA and you can get eye safe powers at this level, but likely won't see the beam unless you add fog.

Papasmurf32118

Aug is very busy at the moment. Just give it some time.

Also, at 490nm the lasers would look almost green when the phasers are blue.

OK, was wondering what was up.....really? Green, well they must be Blue as you know...I will have to confer with him on this, Thanks again...you’ve been very helpful...

Coonie

Green phasers would be good for a borg version of the enterprise. Those models look great on that site. I got a few models I need to work on. I've been storing them for over a decade.

Last edited:

Snecho

Green phasers would be good for a borg version of the enterprise. Those models look great on that site. I got a few models I need to work on. I've been storing them for over a decade.
I like Voyager myself 😊

Coonie

The intrepid class IS a nice little ship. Man I miss star trek... I was also thinking of using an unfocused 445 laser as the tractor beam. Should look really nice with a bit of fog or smoke. Use motors in the warp engines to spin a plastic cylinder over the led to make the warp engines appear alive. All kinds of little touches.

Your box is clear plexi right?
The energy passes thru...
Put a black dot w/ a sharpie
and i bet it will smoke .

GSS

First off, what you do is very impressive, congrats.

However I am a bit confused as to what your question actually is.

What do you need the blue lasers for?
What didn't you understand Snecho?? Papasmurf couldn't of worded it any better. You posted 9 times out of the total 20 posts without any help to the question mind you.. I get it you wan't to help I really do but this isn't a chat line my friend

Papasmurf keep trying Augi at Dtr. Like Paul mentioned get the Sharp 488 and ask to have it set at close to 100mW.
My 2 488's look sky blue and although i'm not sure of the Enterprise in the TOS TV series phasers I know they use sky blue in the hand phasers at times..
Sounds like a really project and I will look at your sight..

Edit: Wow your work is impressive! and shame on me for not knowing the Enterprise had blue phasers:whistle:

Last edited:
Hmmmm ???? Would you consider the Phaser beams to be continuously on ??? I have an idea.......

Take a 3~4 mm Clear Plexiglass rod....say 25 cm long...and machine 100 steps of increasing depth ( . 001mm per step ) @ .2.5mm step off set...into the rod OD. IMNSHO....a Fan of the Trek.....the 465nm line comes closest to the Phaser colour... SO....what we have is Edge Lighting....in a Cylindrical rod. As the beam travels down the rod...it strikes one step at a time and lights up !! MMM...I suppose one could just machine a incline plane/ramp on the rod and get the same effect ??? I Dunno ?? The goal is to really " Punch " it up !!

SO...maybe even make the rod from a Fluorescent Plastic....I believe Fluorescent Green really pops to 465nm....Hmmm...Maybe a section of ultra thin Fluorescent Green Fishing line ??? Might become fairly invisible with the LD off ??? SO....Just some thoughts..I assure you....Fluorescent Green plexi or fishing line lights up like the 4th of July !!!

BTY...Nice Web site !!!! Truly a passion !!!

Edit 1, Hmmm...The Fluorescent Green rod or fishing line may deliver a Green display ?? Maybe they make a Blue Fluorescent plexi rod or fishing line that would light up blue ??? Even a clear line fishing line would light up to some degree....??? And....the clear fishing line would be somewhat invisible.

Edit 2, Could the back facia of the Plexi Display case have a very, very light blue tint ?? If so....an ultra thin Blue Fluorescent fishing line may virtually become invisible ??

Edit 3, OK...more extreme....Incorporate a inexpensive cold mist humidifier unit mounted into the base of the display....the kind used in EFX mist ( Just the Ultrasonic version, nothing more complicated ) SO....press the momentary switch to lite the LD's....and...at the same time....the mist would be generated below the beam lines. SO....the mist lights up....then dissipates ??? More complicated ....yes....but may be the ultimate !!! ???

Later,
CDBeam
One is glad to be of service !!

Last edited: