Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hi ppl

karbon

Hi, im Phil and im from London, England. Ive taken a great interest into lasers and how they work. There is such a great feeling of lasers isnt there? Just to buy them and hold them in your hand? Im also a part time DJ so cant wait to test my new lasers out with my setup. Anyway, just stopping off to say hi.

Hi, welcome to the forum. There is a ton of useful information on here.

Be safe and enjoy the site.

karbon

i think ive got an addiction to this forum now, i check it all the time for updates etc. cant wait for my new laser to arrive from rog & DX.

this may be a little silly but imo, lasers from nova, dragon etc etc seems really expensive like $600 for 300mw green how do you guys afford this!?!

we can't but we somehow find a way like i should be putting away some funds but nooooooo i have to buy a 100 mw greenie then a 260 mw greenie and no thats not enough now i need a meter thanks Jerry and Ken but wait my meter will go up to 1000 mw so yess i'll buy a 400 mw plus rpl then yes im doing good i'll make me about twenty plus blurays for my friends and I ,then scopeguy shows off his 473 blue laser ten blam
another 1,000 on a rpl 25 blue - and dont let me start on what my wife thinks about lasers to herthey are a light can you believe that she calls them a plain ol reg light
wait sorry i'll stop now welcome aboard the forum please enjoy lol

Jaseth

Haha John, just wait until you get into RGB scanners.. suddenly you find that your handheld lasers will not do as you need blanking and no duty cycle, so you invest in a 300mW green with TTL and Analogue, then you buy galvos for $400 and a DAC for $500 or more (up to $4000) and connect it all up, figure out the programme.. you buy fans, heatsinks and a nice big aluminium case and spend hours connecting everything so it is properly heatsinked and in line.. then you decide you want to add a red but it has to be 3 to 4 times more powerful than the green to be visible so you buy a 1W red.. then you have to buy dichros and spend an hour lining up everything, until you decide you have to spend $1500 on a 473nm blue which isn't even strong enough to be as visible as you want, you spend on another dichro and spend time lining up.. then suddenly a galvo burns out cause you set the scanning angle too high and you decide that while you are replacing that, why not make your 473nm stronger by buying another one for all your money and using a combining cube? You set it up and get everything in line.. things start looking up. Then you realise that you also want to get hold of the new 8x blu-ray and you build several of them in custom hosts and heatsinks you order from other people because you want more than one for some reason and those hosts just look so nice.. Then you decide that your scanner is not strong enough to create beamshows high in the sky as visible as you want them so you begin investing more and more..

Oh, welcome karbon :D
This turns out to be an expensive hobby with time.. because it is so damn amazing and addicting!

karbon

originally i really struggled to see how some of these lasers were thousands of dollars and how some people could afford like total rainbows. im working my way up the lasers now i suppose. i really dont earn much as i have just finished school, but i would love to have a scanner, it would be so cool. i love this forum though, sharing the hobby with other enthusiasts, and see what lasers they have and their projects etc. one day i will have a collection as diverse as yours :D