Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

hi one from denmark

bamse

i just got mine first laser because i got alloud to play with somebody's laser i think it was a 500mw red he pops balloons with it and light some match i did the same, so i decided to buy one but i got one in present so it was free
the one i got was dealextreme.com 200 mW green
it pops balloons and melt black things (a friend says it a weapon)

Hallucynogenyc

it can be used as weapon as well as stones can be used as weapons to same as our hands lol. Welcome.

Hallucynogenyc

yep, I wonder why they don't ban hands too. All in all all the other "possible weapons" are controlled by them xD

Nefarious

Welcome to the forum! Don't forget to read the forum rules and stickies!

As Hallucynogenyc said... There are many things that can be used as weapons. Hopefully you will be a responsible laser owner and you'll never misuse your laser. Again, Welcome

bamse

one of mine friend also want one but just to play with his dog how much power recommended for that ??

Jaseth

Hi, welcome to the forum.
I am also from Denmark so naturally you can PM me in Danish if you want.
Technically <5mW is safe for eyes, but I would recommend a 1mW to make sure accidents don't happen.
Also, cheap Chinese lasers cannot always be trusted to be 5mW if they say so - a lot of "5mW" are far more powerful and therefore dangerous. Therefore the most secure thing for playing with dogs is <1mW. If it's green (532nm) it will still be easy for the dog to see.

Seb