Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi, I'm new to lasers

ARG

I have those goggles, or at least mine look similar, they will work from 532nm, BUT they are lousy, they will not protect you properly.

Eagle Pair and OEM lasers both sell good goggles.

Kurmuh

So they will protect me if I do hit myself though? I don't plan on flashing it on anything reflecting anyway, maybe sit on my step and look at the lawn or something, I'm more interested in the idea atm of a laser, but this hobby seems like one for me, and evidently I'll go to a bigger one. But just incase you know, I bought those glasses, and probably should have read it over rather than go: "OMG 10$ THEYRE MINE!"

Ya you need some good goggles try survivallasers they have some nice laser safeety glasses. I am sorry to say this but the laser you bought will be very underspec if it works when it comes and the quality will be very poor. Never buy a laser from gadgettown, warnlaser, wickedlasers and the list goes on and on.

Kurmuh

My friend has the same one that I'm getting, and it goes about 215mw. I need an answer to my question, not links to other sites lol. Will my glasses work with my laser?

JLSE

My friend has the same one that I'm getting, and it goes about 215mw. I need an answer to my question, not links to other sites lol. Will my glasses work with my laser?

They should... BUT, like anything from China there are always inconsistencies..
If you know of somebody with a power meter, it would be best to have them tested.

Also, if the laser you get does not have an IR filter, those glasses will not protect
you from the 808 / 1064nm IR. This is more of a concern from a direct hit..

If possible get goggles that others have tested to be good..

I would toughen up and spend the extra $20-30 to get a pair of safety goggles that are for violet to green protection. DragonLasers offers some here.

Those will cover from UV to Green, and that's what I'd do. Even though they will help some, they will most likely not serve you good if you directly hit yourself in the eye more than twice at the most.

Kurmuh

Thanks, I'm at work right now so I can't get them till I get off, and sorry for sounding rude lol. But thanks very much.

Thanks, I'm at work right now so I can't get them till I get off, and sorry for sounding rude lol. But thanks very much.

You didn't sound rude to me, and I'm glad that you are actually one of the smart people that took the time to ask about the saftey aspect of a high powered laser. :beer:

HINT HONT TO THE OTHERS WHO THINK SAFTEY IS A JOKE...

Kurmuh

I'm pretty scared of the things lol, so I probably won't even shine at a reflective surface, even with goggles on. I'm already blurred vision itd be hell being blind.