Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi Im New advice please :-)

Hi, im new on this forum, ive loved lasers ever since i started clubbing, i just have to see one to get a feeling of euphoria from days gone by lol,

I recently bought a 150mw green laser, and did a pot mod, although the output hasnt really changed much to be fair, possibly an inferiour laser from a crappy company ;-) i was wondering (purely for fun) if there are different lenses to attach in place of the focusing lense to widen the beam, i have defraction gratings for messin about with stary sky for the kids, and im going to attempt a home build tunnel of which im sure i saw on this site, and help and info on how to get more from a laser would be great, also if anyone can recomend lasers, or parts would be great

TTFN..

anselm

Hello and welcome to the forum!:wave:

I recently bought a 150mw green laser, and did a pot mod,
potmodbatman1.jpg

Really. It shortens the life span.
was wondering (purely for fun) if there are different lenses to attach in place of the focusing lense to widen the beam,
There's such a thing called a beam expander, and its bascially just a telescope,
a combination of two lenses. Some door "spy" lenses work that way.
Professional ones made on purpose for lasers are expensive though.

Read around, use the search button, there are many cheap experiments you can try, like said tunnel and
spirographs, or speakers+mirrors....
Oh and never forget that high powered lasers are dangerous toys, so please always
treat them with due respect and use your common sense.

I know it shortens the life, but that doesnt matter too much, it wasnt expensive really, hence its probably not really that good, and wise words, Lasers are indeed dangerous toys and as such mine is always boxed and well away from the kids, and never gets used by anyone other than myself. interested in this speaker+Mirrors, ill get searching.

Many thanks indeed

Kevlar

If you need any advice on speakers with mirrors attached or tunnels, check with: hakzaw1

He has a lot of experience in that area and is one of the nicest, most helpful members here. Enjoy!! :beer:

Many Thanks, i was looking at fs mirrors, found a video how to make them from acrylic mirrors, but as i am stuck on a sofa with a broken ankle and the only hard drive i have i really dont want to cut up, due to it bein the only one i have lol, trying to find different things to use untill i am able to get up and about more, i have 2 motors i have taken out of old game controllers, just having a few days laying on a sofa resting the ankle thinking of ways to keep myself busy :)