Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi I'm a new member and need help..

Jodyb

Hello.. So here's my problem. Recently, family member passed away and left his lasers to me. I am at a complete loss. I know nothing about lasers, I mean zero. I have 2 JDS Uniphase model 2211-20SLE Laser heads and a Coherent Argon Innova 90C 3D laser. I know this because I'm reading what's written on them. Lol
Guys I have no clue what these lasers do? I'm hoping to sell them but have no clue how to advertis, price them or explain what they are used for? So I came up with this great idea of asking the pros (you) for help. I hope I get a reply soon and appreciate any and all help received. Thank you. Jodyb from Ariona

diachi

Hello.. So here's my problem. Recently, family member passed away and left his lasers to me. I am at a complete loss. I know nothing about lasers, I mean zero. I have 2 JDS Uniphase model 2211-20SLE Laser heads and a Coherent Argon Innova 90C 3D laser. I know this because I'm reading what's written on them. Lol
Guys I have no clue what these lasers do? I'm hoping to sell them but have no clue how to advertis, price them or explain what they are used for? So I came up with this great idea of asking the pros (you) for help. I hope I get a reply soon and appreciate any and all help received. Thank you. Jodyb from Ariona

JDSU 2211-20SLE is a 20mW (rated) 488nm Argon ion laser.

The Coherent Innova 90C is large frame, water cooled Argon ion, Argon/Krypton or Krypton laser. I can't find any references to the 3D, which is the part of the model number that'd usually confirm gas fill/lines etc.

Someone here or on photonlexicon.com may be interested if they are near by. Where are you located? The Innova 90 is a huge laser, with a huge power supply that has special shipping requirements. The two JDSU 2211s are easier to ship.

We can help you get the JDSU 2211s running but there's not a whole lot of people that know how to get an I90 going, you'd have better luck on Photonlexicon.

Pictures of the items would help.

Someone in either community may know your family member, not many people have such lasers as personal items.

Sorry for your loss!

Last edited:

Radim

Welcome to LPF!

I think others will take care about you better. However start small and get proper eye safety protection... And try to search...

Enjoy,

R.

Welcome to LPF, Jodyb! You will find many nice people here who are happy to listen and help whenever possible. The Forum serves as an online platform for a diverse community of laser enthusiasts and professionals to dialogue and share information. In order to provide the most accurate information, it’s necessary to know your location, which you can add by using the Edit button on your introduction posting. You can use our extensive database by using the Search button on the top and bottom of each page. I hope that you will enjoy your stay here, and always remember to be laser safe. Thanks and Take Care. :D

-cd

Hello, Jody. As has been already stated the two single line argon lasers are not nearly as large or complex as the Innova 90C argon from Coherent. I am saying this is an argon because you said you read it off the laser head. Depending on the hours on the single line lasers they could go for as much as $300.00 for low hours unit to $100 for high hours or lacking power supply. The large argon will depend on more information about it.

Gazen

Welcome JodyB

Glad to have you, sorry that it’s because of a loss.

Stay safe!