Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi I suck at intros

Daewoo

Hi, I'm Daewoo, totally new to lasers, I want to buy a fun, powerful laser but no idea what's best. I'm hoping someone can point me the right way or make a few recommendations.

I was looking at Wicked Laser's Krypton and Arctic, the prices are good and their products seem well made, but I've read alot of very negative things like shipping takes months, product breaks only after a few minutes, poor customer service and some CC companies consider it a scam.

I'm really interested in the Arctic 1W laser, it seems to be powerful enough for what i want to use it for, at a good price, uses the right batteries (Lithium 18650). Batteries are an issue for me, I don't like things that use up alot of batteries, it produces alot of toxic/hazardous waste and batteries cost alot of money. CR123 is ok but they're very pricey, I prefer the 18650 cells because my flashlights use them and I've got a large pile of them, perhaps 70-100, and 6 chargers. they have alot of capacity, recharges quickly, and of the most part are free because i salvage them out of laptop power packs.

I want a laser that is powerful enough to zap flies, roaches and ants, and able to shoo birds away (as a less-than-lethal alternative), is capable of burning things for fun, like lighting matches or lighting off fireworks 25m away, popping balloons, could be used as an emergency fire starter, works well with night vision devices (currently have a crappy 5X monocular), possible less-than-lethal weapon for self protection against predatory animals and home invaders, and could be mounted on my long range precision rifle for long range night/low light shooting.

I figured the Arctic 1W would probably meet all of those needs, but saw alot of problems with their customer service, shipping, and quality control, wondering if there's any alternatives.

thanks for reading.

You would do a lot better than WL by going to the
But/Sell/Trade section of the Forum and reading
some Reviews..

That being said....

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Howdy and Welcome to the forum :wave:

As Jerry said try looking in the BST section here I'm sure you will find something that meets you requirements :)

Have fun and be SAFE :D

buy an EZ to finish kit-- save$$ and learn some of the basics-- forget WL-

I have seen worse intros and many come here blowing off any kind of intro- reading the intros of others will give anyone a good idea of how to start out right at forums.

IMO you may never be able to do all you have on your list-- and many here will agree that there is way more facinating things lasers can do aside from your list-- BTW doing some of these things in public may cost your your laser and maybe even your freedom-- Be careful who you show-- and what you show- Your list and that of people that want a ban on all lasers have many similarities..25M is too far to light fireworks- bugs dont hold still when you lase them- birds ignore them quickly-things will char/burn but starting an actual fire is not the same- a laser would deter an attacker- but for sighting a rifle -- not so easy-
for night vision you want a IR laser- cant see the beams- and from distance is not a great burner so IMO there is no perfect laser for you ATM.

Smart move for you is to spend a few months reading up- then get eye protection-- then a laser --in that order..

GL

hk

Cel

welcome!

buying from a reputable member is much better option than WL...

Daewoo

does anyone know whether amazon.com sells powerful burning lasers? i did a quick search and came up with nothing.
it's really important because starting Sept 15 I won't be able to buy off amazon anymore... because of they'll start charging sales tax, I pay a tax to make money, i shouldn't pay a tax to spend it too! so unless they change their minds about it Sept 15th would be the last day i can buy at amazon (and most major retailers to start charging CA sales tax that day).
thanks

does anyone know whether amazon.com sells powerful burning lasers? i did a quick search and came up with nothing.
it's really important because starting Sept 15 I won't be able to buy off amazon anymore... because of they'll start charging sales tax, I pay a tax to make money, i shouldn't pay a tax to spend it too! so unless they change their minds about it Sept 15th would be the last day i can buy at amazon (and most major retailers to start charging CA sales tax that day).
thanks

EVERYONE Pays INCOME Taxes... Most people also pay SALES Taxes.

If the seller is charged a Sales Tax by his Government for any items
he sells then that tax is charged to the end user.

From experience some seemingly non taxed items have the sales
Tax included/hidden in the price.

You sound like you will be blocked from buying from Amazon when
they start charging sales Tax....:thinking:

As was mentioned numerous times above..... look in the B/S/T
sections of the Forum for a Laser.

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

anything complete & handheld over 5mW is no longer allowed at amazon-ebay or paypal- when you do see them they are usually taken down soon. If a private seller wants to use PP they must tell thier buyers to NEVER use the word laser anywhere in the PP.