Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi I am new.

Gibpil

Hey I am new to the forums, I have been watching the forums for a while and decided to join. My goal is to make a 120mw blue laser. Just so I can flash off the lasers before it hurts me. If it hits a mirror or something.
My laser impressions.
:drool:

Hey I am new to the forums, I have been watching the forums for a while and decided to join. My goal is to make a 120mw blue laser. Just so I can flash off the lasers before it hurts me. If it hits a mirror or something.
My laser impressions.
:drool:

Welcome to the forums!

As a heads up, 120mW's is NOT eye safe if it hits a reflective surface or your eye. Eye damage will happen before you have time to "turn it off".

-Alex

Gibpil

Welcome to the forums!

As a heads up, 120mW's is NOT eye safe if it hits a reflective surface or your eye. Eye damage will happen before you have time to "turn it off".

-Alex

I mean skin damage.

Don't worry, you won't see the skin damage if it hits your eyes first.
Just kidding, but make sure you wear eye protection.
Welcome

Reactions: GSS
Hi Gibpil :wave:
Welcome to the forum.
Nice to see that you are going to build a blue laser.
Have you decided on any components yet?
This link might help
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/i-want-build-laser-thread-52972.html
Where are you from as that can determine if certain things can be sent to you or not.
Please poke around and see all the great stuff in the world of lasers. Be sure to use the white search bar at the bottom of the page as there is a wealth of information to see here. Remember to get proper safety laser goggles for the wavelength of your laser if it is over 5mW. Enjoy, have fun and most importantly be safe.

Don't worry, you won't see the skin damage if it hits your eyes first.
Just kidding, but make sure you wear eye protection.
Welcome

Hi,
Rb That was a to much funny comment, a lot of truth said in jest though.

Hi New guy Welcome to the best forum on earth hope you enjoy your stay. Lots of awesome folksier to help. But if you need help use the search bar on the bottom of the screen. Its like LASER GOOGLE its cool find everything from soup to nuts so to speak. Welcome aboard
Rich:)

GSS

Noobphaser215, what are you thinking? Welcome gipil