Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi from England!

Hi all, im an avid laser fan from England, in the UK. The main reason why I joined is because I just love lasers, and im always looking for some good deals. I currently own:
1x 5mw red laser 3 in 1 pen
1x 1mw green laser
1x 1mw red laser
and (I think) a 5mw 2 in 1 bullet shaped laser pointer

Im hoping to purchase some high power lasers from Japan, and was wondering what postage would be like, some help would be great thanks.

I think thats enough about me, kinda shy...

LN21

M

mustangman1

Hi I am really into lasers ever since I bought one when I went to Bali I would really love to know how to pot mod it since it's only 5mW do you know how to? I am also looking to buy one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stylish-...t=AU_LaserPointers&hash=item48500ad050&_uhb=1 since in Australia 1 mW is all we are allowed it's really hard to get high powered ones is this alright for a 1 mW and the extremely cheap price?
Thanks mustangman1

Last edited:
Its quite a good deal, never seen that design before though. As for the pot mod, there have been some really great guides posted here, so have a look around!

Hi and welcome to both of you.

Before getting anything powerful please get some safety glasses. Just moments ago I actually posted a thread which is an "eye opener" (pun intended) as to why you need them: http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/s...need-goggles-just-look-87120.html#post1266552

For the OP - I personally have bought lasers from laserbtb.com and with the express FedEx postage option they generally come in less than 2 weeks. You'll need to source batteries seperately, as sending batteries is a nightmare for the laser companies re customs. I have used Flashaholics to buy AW batteries: Batteries | Flashaholics.co.uk

Last edited:
M

mustangman1

Its quite a good deal, never seen that design before though. As for the pot mod, there have been some really great guides posted here, so have a look around!

Cool thanks as for you I wouldn't suggest buying "high powered" laser pointers over the allowed limit because they will probably be seized at customs but if you don't have any restrictions on the mW then go and get a high powered one but I did see that Japanese or Chinese high powered ones are probably just modded but I have never had one so I can't help you there (look on ebay for a few lasers maybe some good quality non modded ones)

M

mustangman1

Hi and welcome to both of you.

Before getting anything powerful please get some safety glasses. Just moments ago I actually posted a thread which is an "eye opener" (pun intended) as to why you need them: http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/s...need-goggles-just-look-87120.html#post1266552

For the OP - I personally have bought lasers from laserbtb.com and with the express FedEx postage option they generally come in less than 2 weeks. You'll need to source batteries seperately, as sending batteries is a nightmare for the laser companies re customs. I have used Flashaholics to buy AW batteries: Batteries | Flashaholics.co.uk

Hello would I be able to get diodes and stuff over the 1mW restriction in my state I am in Perth, Western Australia, Australia and is there any companies that sell cheap green laser diodes as I don't really like other coloured lasers also what mW would you recommend getting safety for like 50mW and over?
Thanks mustangman1

Last edited:

Tmack

Careful with that pot modding business guys. I wouldn't want you to fry those lasers. I personally have learned my lesson pot modding. The best option is to just get a stronger laser as pot modding can draw too much current for the laser in turn making it bright for a very short time, then dead, for a long time ;) . I know just getting a stronger laser is easier said than done, but really pot moddings benefits are too little to implement. I would much rather see you buy or build a laser that is capable to run at the desired mw you prefer.

And to the op..
Laserbtb,
Jet lasers,
CNI,
survival lasers

Those are just a few that are great sites and proven to be dependable. They should all list shipping rates and times for you.

Last edited:
M

mustangman1

Careful with that pot modding business guys. I wouldn't want you to fry those lasers. I personally have learned my lesson pot modding. The best option is to just get a stronger laser as pot modding can draw too much current for the laser in turn making it bright for a very short time, then dead, for a long time ;) . I know just getting a stronger laser is easier said than done, but really pot moddings benefits are too little to implement. I would much rather see you buy or build a laser that is capable to run at the desired mw you prefer.

Ok that is what I asked is it illegal for me in Perth Western Australia to import higher than 1mW diodes but I would like some cheap one about maybe 35mW green laser pointer but I am probably dreaming because I would liek to build one for $20

Last edited:
As of yet I dont own safety glasses, but I will be looking out for some at some stage. The Japanese site is quite an infamous one, with a *few* cases of false advertisement, looking to buy from there soon. BUT HERES THE CATCH, how are customs (UK) going to react to high power lasers? Keep and destroy? Send back? Its just because im probably going to order £2,500 -£3,000 worth of stuff, and to have them destroyed would be an absolute PITA...

Tmack

There are members in Australia with 3500mw lasers. Is it legal to import?.....no... Lol
Ordering a custom laser is your best bet, as they are in flashlight hosts and can be passed off as just a simple flashlight. If you want to build your laser , you can import diodes or module just not a working handheld laser. Look at seller techhood on eBay. He has modules at 30mw for around $20 but you will also of course need a host. If your looking for green (532) then you will be getting a module not a diode. Those modules can just be put in a host, tighten the set screw, throw a battery in and your done. S I bet for around $40 you'd be in business. :beer:

Just check you countries laws on importing. I'm not sure about the uk, but I do know that many uk members buy sell trade very high powered lasers regularly

Last edited:

Tmack

Dragon laser
Laserglow
Optotronics
Scifilasers

But the best place to get lasers by far is right here. Or custom laser rival any company laser in price quality etc. I use company lasers as a last resort . I will wait until I find what I need at LPF first. At the moment only my lab lasers are from a company. All the others are either built by members or myself.

Last edited:

Tmack

Well what do you want? Your in the best place in the world for custom lasers.
What wavelength . Power etc?

As powerful as they come. 3500mw plus lasers a traded sold all over the world from right here. I have bought a 3595mw 445 laser from a builder in Belgium

Last edited:
M

mustangman1

Well what do you want? Your in the best place in the world for custom lasers.
What wavelength . Power etc?

As powerful as they come. 3500mw plus
Well I would love a high powered one like 3500mW how much would tthat cost?