Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi everyone

Firstly I wanted to say hello to all of you.
I've seen some nice party laser scanners/projectors.
Id like to make it cheap so some used components,build d/a converter myself,computer interface,laser drivers,power supply and maybe build galvanometers if there expensive to buy them.I know you can makethem of neodynum magnets and ,make a coils,stators.
I know people scrap some laser printers or other boxes.My friend has taken lasers and dichro mirrors from HD xbox drive,old dvd burner,green one was bought from ebay.
What colour of laser is installed in printer?
Where can i find project of 3 colour projector including how to build step by step laser drivers, d/a conventer,all pcb .
Thanks

Last edited:

Re: Hi eveyrone

Welcome. All the info is here, all you have to do is search for it. We dont help people who dont help themselves, so take a few days and do some reading. If you cant find a certain piece of information, then just ask and we will direct you where to find it. Start off with the "stickies" posted in each section and go from there. Good luck.

Re: Hi eveyrone

Most printers use low power IR lasers, (unless its REALLY old)

mat.jpg

Ok.I can buy computer dvd burner and take it form.
Main problem for me is build home made galvos or buy it cheap.

Ok.I can buy computer dvd burner and take it form.
Main problem for me is build home made galvos or buy it cheap.

don't. now you can just buy the stuff assembled for cheaper. Buy a red diode in an aixiz with a driver for like $30. Or just get an o-like module for a couple bucks.

will