Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi Everybody

well, I live in South East Asia in a beutiful country called Indonesia. Have a life at the capitol City - Jakarta might be just like New York... traffic everywhere :cryyy:

If you see my avatar, that's our National Monument "MONAS" in Indonesian language. As I start to see it glowing, that was the time I felt in love with some kind of coherent light .... laser. Well, eventhough I'm not a Star Wars fanboys, I admire them.

So... :tired: .... just wait and see for my second module from DX - 200 mW 532nm and C6.

BR,
EJ
:wave:

NB : Just wondering inside of my first laser "rated" <50mW - not surre it is but my cat can stare a little to it. (he is fine):)
Anyone can tell me what type of diode it is ?

Attachments

• 20140723_L2_1.jpg
    20140723_L2_1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 20140723_L3_1.jpg
    20140723_L3_1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20140723_L1_1.jpg
    20140723_L1_1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

405-660nm <50mw .... The model number I'd have no clue about nobody can tell you that from those pics I believe

Last edited:

upaa27

Welcome to the forum!

Can't actually see the diode as it is in the module.

The diode is an 808nm infrared (looks like dim red).
That pumps a neodymium crystal giving 1064nm IR
which is then frequency doubled to 532nm. It's a
good idea to put that back together if there is
nothing wrong with it. There is a lot of sensitive
alignment involved in that and it's an eye hazard.
Much of the infrared comes out and could easily
blind your poor cat.

That's a dpss module?

You implied this by saying your second 532nm. However the diode itself is exactly try as lightnings description. Infrared is pumped through a gain medium and then frequency doubled wi th a KTP. Dpss lasers are less stable but tend to offer better beam quality and specs. Lower divergence, rounder beam, and smaller beams as well.

Last edited:
@upaa27
>> Can't get any closer look to diode. Must have microscope things.

@Lightning
I believe, it is some sort of chrystal thing on its head, DPSS, eventhough not really sure if it is 50 mW (cant hole anything). Well cat didnt blink...just fine I hope.

Last edited:
Hi enjoyjakarta! Hope you enjoy this stay. I'm a newbie too.
Read the stickies. You'll find a lot of great stuff (learned from experience!:eek:).

WHAT

do NOT shaine ANY laser at a living thing
There are NO pain receptors in our and cat's eyes - that was cruel and a stoopid thing to ever do--
what were you thinking ??- is your cat NOT a family member??

this forum takes all such things very seriously
were you going to stop if one eye burst??

please telll us you are just trolling--

the lens we have in our eyes magnifies the power more than 100 times just like a glass and the sun can burn paper- SO there so NO laser that is safe for the eyes..

I was going to steer you to a new member from your country but not after reading your OP--

about cats not blinking.??. new one on me --but we ALL feel very little 'pain' if blinded - but we DO see things differently - and when an eye Dr looks inside THEN the hole in the retina can be seen- I bet his cat has one- why not ask the cat if his vision seems OKay??

just a cat--

plenty of them-
disposable almost

I am really curious how this took place..

was the laser running by itself and the cat went over and sat in front of it?? were you playing chase the dot? and wanted to see what the cat would do??

did the dog do it??

'Chase the dot' is perfectly OK and some cats really love it- some dont get too excited-

Dogs however IMHO should never play 'chase the dot' - while many have no bad reactions the dogs who become obessive suffer greatly AND undoing this can be extremely hard to achieve--finding out is risky-- What a dog expert(like Ceasar Milan) would view as a serious problem some dog owners have convinced themselve that the obession shows intense FUN for the dog..

not so..

a dog needs and deserves a proper walk twice a day if possible and on a leash-- off leash and laser dot chasing are signs of a lazy dogowner IMO.

'its all about the walk & the leash'
be the leader or you WILL be the follower-

Last edited:
Howdy and welcome to the forum :wave:

You really should get a 5mW laser to play with your cat anything more powerful is not needed and can be dangerous for your cat so please don't use any laser over 5mW to play with your animals.

Your cat will prefer a dot that isn't as blinding also. I'd suggest 650nm or 405nm for a cat toy. 50mW of 405 isn't too bright a dot but other dangers if you happen to hit kitty in its big sensitive pupil. 5mw is best for sure.

I am really curious how this took place..

was the laser running by itself and the cat went over and sat in front of it?? were you playing chase the dot? and wanted to see what the cat would do??

did the dog do it??

'Chase the dot' is perfectly OK and some cats really love it- some dont get too excited-

Dogs however IMHO should never play 'chase the dot' - while many have no bad reactions the dogs who become obessive suffer greatly AND undoing this can be extremely hard to achieve--finding out is risky-- What a dog expert(like Ceasar Milan) would view as a serious problem some dog owners have convinced themselve that the obession shows intense FUN for the dog..

not so..

a dog needs and deserves a proper walk twice a day if possible and on a leash-- off leash and laser dot chasing are signs of a lazy dogowner IMO.

'its all about the walk & the leash'
be the leader or you WILL be the follower-

Well, I didn't intended to do so on purpose. I just laser it to the floor and wall but once he looked at me and might hit his eye. But I think he is okay and still playing around. The green laser that I bought shows <50 mW and chinesse product, bought at nearly US$ 10.
Anyway, don't worry cat is good for sure. :)