Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Hi all! Former banned poster from Wicked's forum

Kaboom

I posted over there as "Kaboom". I hadn't been on in a while and posted a blurb about getting a new RPL from Optotronics.....OOPS! Hell, I didn't know you could no longer talk about other mfr's products over there.....just Woickeds? What a load of crap! Jack form Optotronics told me why I was banned. Oh well, good riddance to them. I see names here that I've seen over there, so I guess some others were banned or jumped ship too eh?

Anyhow just wanted to say hi again. Now it's time to play with my new RPL 400!
Kaboom

Lorgar

Re: Hi all! Former banned poster from Wicked's for

Welcome

and post some pics of the RPL 400 ;D

Good choice on the rpls there a great laser and his customer service is great also. Lots of people are banned here, if you ever have to see that forum again just use a http://proxy.org
;D

[move][tt]...lazer... ;D ;D ;D[/tt][/move]

Kaboom

Thanks for the tip on the Proxy site. I just went over to Wicked and read the Rules about mentioning other competitors lasers not being allowed. Funny thing is I saw to different posts with a product other than Wickeds. One was discussing a Radio Shack laser and another relates to someone considering buying a Crossfire laser. Hmmm, seems kind of hypocritical to me.....
Kaboom

I'd just like to say that I'm glad I landed here first.... I now have several DIY red lasers running, all of which kick butt and burn holes in things. Who needs WL and their BS when you can make things yourself for 1/10th the cost! THIS forum taught me all I needed to know on that, and is currently teaching me everything I need to know for phase II: Combining multiple LD sources for a VERY high power beam project (well, relative to LDs anyway!).

LPF is awesome!

Dave

amkdeath

xanatos said:
I'd just like to say that I'm glad I landed here first....  I now have several DIY red lasers running, all of which kick butt and burn holes in things.  Who needs WL and their BS when you can make things yourself for 1/10th the cost!  THIS forum taught me all I needed to know on that
LPF is awesome!

Dave
ditto

screw the other forum kaboom, welcomehere, we kik ass, and so will you

Switch

Wow , banning people for posting about other lasers...that's no way of fighting competition, that's a good way of loosing customers if you ask me(aside of selling underspec, low quality over-spec-advertised lasers with huge prices)....Hmm....I guess wickedlasers tend to suck more and more donkey b*llz from what I'm hearing ::) I'm definatley one of their potential customers that they lost.....

DoughDTD

Switch said:
I'm definatley one of their potential customers that they lost.....
NICE! Score one for the good guys :cool:

-Dough

Abray

Yeah I was going to buy a Wicked laser, but my friend told me about here. so I came and had a look. I learned alot of stuff about WL, and and am proud to say I didn't buy a WL! I am about to start on some DIY's

sc_bond

I think I may remember you kaboom, when did you join the LC?

Welcome Kaboom! Glad to see you again - let the balloon wars begin (again)! hehe, JK, that 20 balloon pop took forever to set up. I'm lazy.

Things

xanatos said:
 I now have several DIY red lasers running, all of which kick butt and burn holes in things.  
Dave
How many W is that? Burning holes in me is kinda hard! ;D ;D ;D ;D Welcome to the forum Kaboom! ;)

Da_Dude

things said:
[quote author=xanatos link=1197683591/0#4 date=1197685496] I now have several DIY red lasers running, all of which kick butt and burn holes in things.  
Dave
How many W is that? Burning holes in me is kinda hard! ;D ;D ;D ;D Welcome to the forum Kaboom! ;)[/quote]
Lol...
:D
"Welcome"

SC bond is here! Nice. :D I was also banned this week... haha. Its great.
I remember the day you were banned SC. Im supprised i didnt get chucked that day also, I think it was something to do with a competition. ;D
Anyhow, welcome kaboom!

Kaboom

I think I may remember you kaboom, when did you join the LC?
I think it was a couple of years ago or so. I wasn't one of the huge posters...just chimed in from time to time.
Kaboom

WELCOME!

And now you know personally why WL can suck my left hairy nut. But then I'd have to disinfect it. ;D