Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi All!  Something new?

jaycey

Hi all, ive been lurking for a while and now I think im ready for a 1st build.

Ive came across a couple of Plasmon UDO drives and they seem to be something quite unique in terms of operation compared to what most of you guys are using.

The laser on these drives is mounted on a heat sink that is mounted to the case of the drive and from there it travels along a intricate set of prisms and lens to the carriage and onto the disk.
The engineering on these drives is incredible and of a very high standard.
But if anyone knows anything about the type of laser used I would apreciate being pointed in the right direction for suitable aplications for it. (its a blue/violet)

Im wandering if I can use any of the lens in the drive also as they seem to be of a high standard...time will tell.

Anyway, pleased to be a member at last!

Re: Hi All!  Something new?

Hello Jaycey. Welcome to the forum. This is the first I've heard of a UDO drive... I'm intrigued.

Theses drives are insanely expensive!  :eek:  It does appear that there is a 405nm laser in there. If you have one that you are willing to harvest a diode from... go for it.  ;D

Take lost of pictures because I'm dying to see whats inside.

good luck and have fun
TW

Data sheet
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cach...ive&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

jaycey

Re: Hi All!  Something new?

Cheers, ile have to get a few posts in before I can start with the photos. But ile have to investigate a housing and driver.