Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey from Tulsa

IWIRE

Thought I'd drop in and say Hey ! I'm Dave from Tulsa, OK. I'm a Journeyman Electrician and enjoy electronic projects as a hobby. I'm hoping to listen and learn from others with more knowledge than myself. I recently purchased a blue laser from BL . I'm really wanting to build my own so I'll be searching the forum a lot for answers. This is liable to be the longest post I make.:) I don't talk much :beer: Cheers !

Tmack

Welcome. BL as in Biglasers?

What did you get from them?

IWIRE

Thanks for the welcome Tmack . That's correct BigLasers. I got the "BX" 445nm 2000mw. I couldn't believe how fast it showed up. Been searching the forums, a little more research and I'll be ready to try my hand at building my own. :eek:

IWIRE

Thanks for the welcome Tha Greenlander. So far it's been very enjoyable and fairly amazing :D looks like the place will be a great resource for parts and is great source of info. Glad I found the place. Some cool threads.

Tmack

Just know what you're getting before clicking buy ;)
How's that big laser treating you? I've heard very bad reviews of their lasers, but that's not to say yours isn't fine. Anyway to confirm 2000mw? At that power lighting a cigarette from over 10ft should be cake. Just curious if you got one of the good ones

IWIRE

I didn't know anything about them when I bought it. They shipped it fast. I really doubt if it is 2000mw. I know it will light a cigarette at a few inches, not sure about 10 feet, haven't tried that. I'm into photography also, when I had it set up outside taking some pics it was pointed at some mulch in my flower bed a few feet away and the mulch started smoking :D So I don't know what the thing is, it's fun to play with though. Seems like a good hobby that I can integrate into my other hobbies

Tmack

Be careful lighting things close because the smoke may stain the lens dropping your output. But it's good to see it will light materials. It's at least around 1w if not the 2w it's advertised. I was just curios to see what they are claiming. Looks like you got a good one :)
Integrating hobbies ehyy? I'm interested

IWIRE

Thanks for the heads up on staining the lens, hadn't really thought about it. I didn't even think about lighting a cig with it until you mentioned it. Sure enough ! I just enjoy photography and thought it would be fun to add a laser ..or maybe a few into the mix ;) We just had an ice storm and I used it to illuminate an ice covered branch on a tree. I need to find a good tripod to hold the laser, I have one for my camera. Have to be careful, always heard if the beam hits the sensor it will fry the camera. Hopefully I won't find out.

IWIRE

WOW ! Thanks for the link. I enjoyed those, some really awesome shots. And I thought my blue branch covered in ice was cool looking :eek: LOL !

Tmack

Oh that's the laser you started that thread about. Lol yeah that guess was pretty close haha. We just know big lasers isn't much for getting it on spec. But hey, to be honest, I was being generous with that guess, being its from big lasers. I'm very pleased to see you got over 1w. Good for you man. :)

IWIRE

Thanks Tmack. To help with the confusion it's actually a Big Laser "BX" not a DX. My bad. Cut me some slack, I survived the 70's ;) Wish I would have found this place before I bought it. This place is great. People are really helpful. The members that I have bought parts from have all shipped them out really fast. Hope you guys don't mind putting up with me. I really like this place and I've only just started. Lots of info here.

Last edited:

Tmack

Nowhere better to buy from. I think I have 1 company laser. And it's a 532. People always ask what company to buy from, but the best answer is right here. I just sold a 2.4w custom ms ssw for $160 . Where can you find that!!