Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey from NY...

Hello! I am New To The Forums, Ive been lurking for a few days then decided it was time to join! Just by reading around I have learned so much already! I am in the 10th grade, and don't worry I am very responsible for my age, lol. Well as a little introduction lasers have always been a fascination of mine, and I used to think (WL Standards) that I would never be able to own a high powered laser without dropping a crap load of money, until I found this website which pointed me in the direction of O-like and Novalasers and the sort, and now, building lasers. I love DIY and I can't wait for the challenge of building a laser (I'm going to do a BR build soon once I can save the money lol.) So yeah I thought a proper introduction was in order, and If anyone has any tips about my build, (specifically what mA to order my driver set at for a PHR-803T diode for the optimum balance of life + power) I'd appreciate it. Thanks and Have a Good Day!:thanks:

welcome to the forum.hope you go well with your build.i reccomend one of jayrob's kits and driver set at 100-120mA.you can get 2 kind of drivers,depend on your host's voltage.for hosts that can use batteries more than 7.25(max 12v) volt for blu-ray get a rkcstr and hosts that uses about 3 volts get a flexdrive(max 6v).
hope that helped.

Thank you that is helpful but for my first build I think instead of trying for a flashlight host I think I'm going to put it in a "project box" I think they are referred to lol

Thank you that is helpful but for my first build I think instead of trying for a flashlight host I think I'm going to put it in a "project box" I think they are referred to lol

ok good.so you will need RKCSTR driver with 9volt battery.there are plenty of sites to get diode in module like modwerx,hightechdealz,dark-lasers etc.

Yeah! I have done some researching and dark lasers seems to have the best price on the diode and can pre-set the mA for me, and I've talked to the owner and he seems like a nice guy:D BTW funny CC sig pic

Hey, welcome to the forum!
Just remember that (in case you haven't noticed already) the search function will be your best friend :)

~Jeremy

welcome to LaserPointerForums! We are pleased to have you here.

please read the rules and dont forget to abide with them

if you need help you can post a question but the best way is USE your Search Button.

God bless you and have a pleasant day! :)

welcome to LaserPointerForums! We are pleased to have you here.

please read the rules and dont forget to abide with them

if you need help you can post a question but the best way is USE your Search Button.

God bless you and have a pleasant day! :)
Thank You Very Much for your extremely pleasant post;)

Welcome to the forum!!! When you are putting your build together, there is one issue that kills diodes dead for many first timers, as well as for experienced builders who rush. Many drivers contain an output capacitor, and do not have a resistor in parallel with it to drain this capacitor. You must short this capacitor before you connect the laser diode to the driver. If you do not, and the capacitor has a residual or full charge in it, this charge will dump into the laser diode, instantly killing it. You seem to be leaning towards a box or lab style laser. This is an excellent first time project that is also very useful.

Thank you for the concern but how do I do this? I thought I read something about touching a screwdriver or something similar to both pads for the diode right?:thinking::thanks: