Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HENE laser

I got my first hene laser tube today i need to get power supply for it though to run properly

Attachments

• HENE.JPG
    HENE.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 651

If you don't have a power supply how come there is light comming from the tube ?

If you don't have a power supply how come there is light comming from the tube ?

opps , i need one thats powerfful enough to get the tube to laser i have one that makes it glow but not fully work

Last edited:
How big is the tube (length.. Diameter)....
What is it's output rated at...

I may have one...

Jerry

Hello

The lenght is 23cm and diamiter is 2cm not sure of the output power

thanks

if it glows it should lase... It's hard to tell in the picture... is it glowing down in the tiny capillary that goes down the middle of the tube, or is it glowing inside the big part of the tube?

From the size it looks to be a 1-3mW HeNe...
I'm on a job at the moment...
I'll see if I have any HeNe PS Kits left in stock this weekend...

They are good to drive HeNe tubes up to 3mW..

Jerry

if it glows it should lase... It's hard to tell in the picture... is it glowing down in the tiny capillary that goes down the middle of the tube, or is it glowing inside the big part of the tube?

Hi

its glowing in the big part of the tube

You have glowing from the big part? That shouldn't be!

You might have a broken tube if that's the case. The discharge is supposed to only go down the smaller tube in the middle of the large tube, if it's going around the outside something is very wrong.

What power supply are you using? It might be putting out too high a voltage.

Last edited:
From the size it looks to be a 1-3mW HeNe...
I'm on a job at the moment...
I'll see if I have any HeNe PS Kits left in stock this weekend...

They are good to drive HeNe tubes up to 3mW..

Jerry

Can you give me some specifications on these? Like Volts and mA?

Hi

its glowing in the big part of the tube

Ahh ok.

I think it's glowing in the big part just because he isn't powering it with a proper HeNe power supply. Probably just some sort of HV source. Mine glow in the big part if I bring them close to a tesla coil or anything similar :D

Ahh ok.

I think it's glowing in the big part just because he isn't powering it with a proper HeNe power supply. Probably just some sort of HV source. Mine glow in the big part if I bring them close to a tesla coil or anything similar :D

Hi

Yer I'm using a HV power supply to see if the tube has gas in still i guess it will work with the proper power supply but in focusing on my co2 laser at the moment so i will look for a HeNEe us on bay when i get more money

thanks for the replies

Ion- I may have a red hene with PS for you- I am done on EBay but I may go to EBid - I have several gas laser I need to sell. Hak

I would really cover that up if I were you... HeNe's can give out a nasty shock.

Low-Q

Isn't it so that a laser will lease only if a given critical amount of atoms is exited simultaneously? So the gas can lit without leasing - untill you pump it with more energy. Then there is more atoms that is exited, than those which absorbs the wavelength, so lease can occour. I think it works something like that - not sure.

Vidar

Yep. Chances are whatever HV source he is using, it's not putting out enough current. Not enough atoms being excited, gain never exceeds loss, no lasing but lots of glowing.