Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HeNe for $44

Check this out...
Whadda ya think?
1.15 mW, with galvo style stepper motor and hi volt psu.
$24 USD + $20 USD delivery
$52 AUD= bargain!

Benm

Do you reckon it actually works? By the description of it, i get the feeling you get just the parts but the seller hasn't even tried to run the thing.

Yeah that does look very interesting. Nice find though. I would definitely ask the seller if it works or if he has had it running and for how long.

Benm

Indeed, compared to the semiconductor lasers these days, the HeNe lasers are far superior in terms of monochromaticity, divergence and what not.

Getting one to power levels that will actually burn something is a differnt story though - imagine something you probably couldn't lift off the floor.

L

likewhat

It looks like it is just a tube, you might have to setup your own cavity.

... no, it is a tube with a lasing cavity. That's how it works. The tube is the cavity... :-?
Saw on youtube once, guy had a 400mw gas laser, wasnt c02 or hene any of the major ones but it was about 70cm long. Wow was that cool. hey it was argon, i think.

BlueFusion said:
... no, it is a tube with a lasing cavity. That's how it works. The tube is the cavity... :-?
Saw on youtube once, guy had a 400mw gas laser, wasnt c02 or hene any of the major ones but it was about 70cm long. Wow was that cool. hey it was argon, i think.

sounds likely, HeNe's don't come very powerful

Benm

The tube is the cavity, but the question would if the mirrors are already on both sides of the tube as well. I think they will be, but it is possible to have just the laser tube with windows on both ends, and hence the need to provide external mirrors.

L

likewhat

Benm said:
The tube is the cavity, but the question would if the mirrors are already on both sides of the tube as well. I think they will be, but it is possible to have just the laser tube with windows on both ends, and hence the need to provide external mirrors.

That is why I mentioned that you might have to setup your own cavity, it looks just like a tube I used once that didnt have mirrors on it so I had to setup my own cavity with external mirrors.