Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help!!!!

I got a new 200mw green laser from Bali and when I use it it dims a little is there a way to stop this because when I point it up in the sky I can clearly see the beam but then it dims and well It kind of ruins it for me ples help:cryyy:

Last edited:

1. Chances are it's nowhere near 200mW.
2. This is typical behavior for cheaper green lasers.
3. The only thing you can try, is to make sure you are using the best battery possible for the pointer.

TimTom

hihi, i had the same problem with my 50mw green laser. it was because the driver or the diode was dead. no idea, its a loong time ago :b

Could be any of the following; driver, crystals shifting as it warms up, bad battery, heat, or any combination of them.

Totally normal for pen type, and cheap green lasers in my experience. Much brighter first 1-2 seconds and dimmer after that.

What's up the the tags? :crackup:

Last edited:
sounds very much like the 808nm laser diode is failing. This happened to me with a 445nm M140. It would work fine for a while, then it would dim to the brightness of an LED. Of course there are a lot more components in a DPSSL, but that would be my first guess. In time it will fail altogether, if that's the case.

Any know how to get a good laser in Australia if you do ples help me out I really won't to get a good laser I'm dieing here :banghead:

ARG

Any know how to get a good laser in Australia if you do ples help me out I really won't to get a good laser I'm dieing here :banghead:

You'll die without a laser? Oh no! Someone help this man, he'll die without coherent light!

The answer, build your own.

Australia is difficult. Basically the only way to get a good laser is to make one yourself.

You should also be aware that even possession of a laser over 1mW is technically illegal.

If you're interested in building one, there are lots of threads on here how to do it. If you have specific questions though, ask away.