Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help !!

I admit it...I'm a dummy when it comes to laser pointers, therefore was seeking advice. I have a very tight fit between my new truck and garage door opening, and thought a laser mounted behind the grill would help me avoid scraping the side of my truck. I know this may sound lame, but I love to come up with new applications for just about anything. I found the following laser on Amazon and was wondering if it would be a good choice. It runs on 12vdc, and would be operated from a momentary contact switch from inside the cab.

Amazon.com: RED Laser Module 8mm X 25mm - 650nm 12 Volt <5mW: Toys & Games

Any feedback is much appreciated.

kilter

I don't know how you plan to do it, but that module is WWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYY! overpriced! Check out aixiz's modules like this: http://www.mfgcn.com/ got to 660nm then take a look.
Hope this helps,
Kilter

LiveWire make sure to give yourself a formal introduction in the "Welcome" thred and read through all the "Newcomer" stickies. You will get little to no interaction with your threads unless you do so.

Just out of curiosity, how would a laser mounted behind the grill help prevent you from hitting the sides of your garage? (I also like to innovate but, I'm having difficulty picturing your vision :/ )

-Zakk

Last edited:
A simple drawing would help us understand what you have in mind.