Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with these laser diodes convert

FranKo

Am new to the forum.Apologize for noob questions.So wanting to mod a laser.i have a projector one side is green and the other side is red.according to the label(see pic)it says for green laser(which sits in a aluminum heat sink) says wavelength 532nm,Max output <500mw class lllb
The Red laser wavelength 654-662nm,Max output <5mw class llla

So my question is can I convert these especially the green into a burn or a beam seeing laser using 18650 ? If so I would like to build it but don't know what to buy or get to do.if anyone can point me to where and what's best to do to do one correctly,thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

FranKo

More pics 3
I would of joins all pics together but it would let me unless moderator can do that for me,thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 80

FranKo

I do see the front of both diodes have threads and a slit which looks like I can unscrew/screw also

Modifying lasers for higher power is never a good idea. They're often already driven to their max, and pushing them harder usually kills them.

Going by those large solder pads, I'm getting those are pass transistors for the respective drivers. You could confirm that by measuring the voltage going into either laser module. If this is the case, modification would require incorporating that circuit board into your device, or installing a new driver. Buying a green pointer is a much cheaper and easier option.

FranKo

Modifying lasers for higher power is never a good idea. They're often already driven to their max, and pushing them harder usually kills them.

Going by those large solder pads, I'm getting those are pass transistors for the respective drivers. You could confirm that by measuring the voltage going into either laser module. If this is the case, modification would require incorporating that circuit board into your device, or installing a new driver. Buying a green pointer is a much cheaper and easier option.

Thanks Cyparagon.Will do.