Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help with google webmaster tools

anyone know a good bit about the webmaster tools? i registered on google community but they never sent me the activation email.. :(

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey drew i have used it, i think there might be google support forum where u can contact them.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
maybe try using another email address in case it was a filter blocking it, how long have u waited?

maybe try using another email address in case it was a filter blocking it, how long have u waited?

bout 2 days... i just used my other account. i was trying to avoid using the old one b/c the username is the same as my site and it comes up in search results whenever i post.. :(

im trying to figure out how to fix some errors b/c my search rankings suck... last time i checked(a day or 2 ago) i was showing up on page 6 of a relevant search... :(

seoguy

Drew:

To get into Webmaster Tools, you can use any regular Google account. If you don't have one (or want to use a different one), just select (or create on your server), a new E-MAIL account for that purpose (like google@modwerx.com), and then sign-up for a new account, like here :cool: -

https://www.google.com/accounts/New....com/webmasters/tools/&hl=en&service=sitemaps

Once you have the new Google account, you can then access Webmaster Tools from here -

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

In order to make it work, you first have to associate your web site with that account. There are several ways to "verify" that you are the owner of your web site, one of the easiest is the option to copy a file to your web site.

Google will let you download a special file, which you should then upload to the root (main) directory of your web site, i.e. -

www.modwerx.com/google17536eac1f923643439430.html

The contents are not really that important, what is important is the NAME of the file, which includes a key identifying your Google webmaster account as the owner!

The verify page will even give you a link to where on your website this file should be, so you can click it and verify that the file is there!

One you have the file uploaded so it can be accessed on your web site, click the verify button in Google. Once it has verified that the file is there and that you are thus authorized to control that site, it will "open-up" all of the webmaster tools and information for you to use on your web site! :yh:

BTW, be sure to LEAVE that file on your server, as Google periodically "checks" to make sure that it is still there! ;)

Let me know if you have any further questions about this - I use this thing all the time! ;)

im trying to figure out how to fix some errors b/c my search rankings suck... last time i checked(a day or 2 ago) i was showing up on page 6 of a relevant search...

What search were you trying to show-up for, and for what page?

I can take a quick look-see, and give you some free advice. I got my new laser site already showing-up for a bunch of #1's in Google (and Yahoo!), worldwide, with a PageRank of 0, so I think perhaps I may know just a wee bit about this subject. ;) LOL

the domain/site has already been verified. what im trying to fix is stuff like http, unreachable errors(basically the crawl errors..). alot of the errors i got were from very bad attempts at a sitemap but most have gone away now although a few still show up. id be greatful for any help you could give seoguy!

the search i did were i was showing on page 7 was for phr-803t. im still showing up on page 6 atm.. when i first started looking i was on page 4..

i also have the robots.txt to allow all robots..

Last edited:

seoguy

the search i did were i was showing on page 7 was for phr-803t. im still showing up on page 6 atm.. when i first started looking i was on page 4..

OK, checking into that, have a few thoughts on that already. ;)

BTW, thanks for the Rep! :yh: