Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Help with 5mW laserglow Lyra.

cb19

Ok so I ordered a laserglow Lyra yesturday and It is going to be here in 5-6 days. I am really excited. But I had a question does it matter what type of AAA I use in it? Because I know some AAAs are 1.2V and some are 1.5V. I was just wondering if it could damage my laser diode and effect the life of the laser.
Thanks!

jeffreythe00

If you are looking to save money in batteries in the long run. NiMH cells are the way to go. I recommend enloops but any brand will work. 1.5V primary will probably work better and last a bit longer but they are expensive and non rechargeable.

jeffreythe00

Hey man. Its no problem. I have actually asked a similar question when I got my first expensive laser! The seller told me not to use NiMH cells and I did and it shortly broke. Turns out it was a fluke! Now I know the difference!

Hope you enjoy your laser!

cb19

Sorry, what do you mean by fluke? and so i can use any type of AAA?

Event_Horizon

You can use any kind of AAA batteries in the Lyra. Alkaline, NiMH, NiCd, or those new-fangled Lithium ones (Li-FeS2). Hell you can use Zinc-Carbon AAA batteries if you really want to. Just don't mix different types together. That's bad.

Source: I work at Laserglow.