Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help! Spring broke off from the bottom of my laser.

Today I was outside using my 50mw green torch the spot deer with the big beam focus setting (try it out sometime if possible!) but i came it to switch out the batterys and when i put the other one in it didnt work. So I took the battery out and the spring in the bottom was not intact. I am not confindent enough with laser for me to fix it. I understand that it is not a major problem but should I attmept to fix it or should I be safe and send it back to O-like just to be safe?

Thanks

^^^Does sleep count? :crackup:

No finals (thankfully) but problems with FAS/GSA are starting to drive me nuts. Government bureaucracy and incompetence really has run amok.

you can use picdrop.net, and paste the line of code that starts with

Last edited:
Personally I prefer photobucket, but you can use any number of different sites. Upload the pictures, resize them so that they aren't huge (not an issue for me on a large monitor but for some people it's annoying to scroll around a huge picture).

After that use the Insert Image button (looks like a mountain) and copy over the url of the image. (Of course you can also just add the tags yourself instead of using the button.)

There is absolutely no way you're going to be able to repair that without first getting the actual parts out...

If you're able to do that, the soldering repair you have to do is very easy though.

If you take out the little foam piece, you can probably remove it with tweezers... you will see a driver...

It will looks something like this, but obviously without the spring. Usually there are two little notches for the spring as well, you just can't see in that part since i soldered over them:
ForRepair.jpg

What happened is the solder contact simply broke off. If there is a way to take the laser apart it should be a piece of cake to fix... unfortunately I have no idea how to do that.

***If you do decide to proceed, chances are anything you do will leave some obvious signs, so will void warranty.***

Last edited: