Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help repairing 473 module (eBay $35 job)

Hi,
I purchased one of the 473 lab modules on eBay for $35 and well, basically I think I broke it. I plugged it in and removed the photo diode and it did work...maybe 10-20 mw output. Then I open it up to clean and realign the optics like I saw on a YouTube video. I turned it on while it was open and here's where I did something to make it stop working. I place a piece of paper between the IR C mount diode and the first lens to see how powerful the iR diode was.....well..poof went the paper and out went the blue light....

The IR C mount still works but it doesn't make blue anymore.

I am thinking there is some sort of feedback between the crystals in the front of the module and the output of the IR diode.

What do the wires going to the crystal module do?

Can someone tell me what I did and how to fix it? Are those wires going to the crystal box necessary? Is there another photodiode they connect to that can be removed.

Any idea what power the c mount diode might be....

Any help appreciated...maybe I can salvage the crystal module and use it somehow....

Thanks!
Jeff

Fiddy

Interesting! i bought the $70 working versions from them, i too am going to re-align the optics and clean..

Im also told, do not play/fuck/move/touch the diode because it is really easy to put out of alignment.