Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help picking out Green Laser-Rayfoss.com

Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble deciding which laser pointer I should purchase from rayfoss.com.
I have done plenty of research, but still want other peoples input.

A few specs the laser pointer must have

1-green laser pointer

2-100 mw

3- must be able to ship to US

Other than those three specs, I am open to any recommendations you guys have.

Also if you think I could a better pointer at a reasonable price, feel free to say so.

:thanks: -Alex

Last edited:

@BrandonDouglas

I feel and have been told that Rayfoss is a reputable and quality, but not too expensive site. They also have a huge selection and that is a plus.

I just need help picking out the best quality laser for the price.

@TheDukeAnumber1

I have read that thread and it has been of much help. Thanks for Recommending it!

Out of those "good" sites he listed you could you narrow down a few you like, or even a few quality lasers that you would recommend?

-Alex

@TheDukeAnumber1

I have heard some good things about lazerer, however in this forum people have said their lasers are sometimes 10-20% off spec when they purchased it. The lasers on there are also really cheap pricewise.

Is this because their product is not that good of quality, or is it because its a chinese company and they can make their goods cheaper?

Have you bought from their specifically? How was your experience with them?

I also checked out laserbtb and that site looks great!

-Alex

They are both Chinese made lasers and in a way you might say they are cheaply made but comparatively for what you pay you get good quality and mostly on spec. Sometimes you can get an underspec laser from either company but it's unlikely. I have owned lasers from both sites and been very happy with both so I don't think you can go wrong either way, but if I had to choose, I'd probably choose laserbtb.

@TheDukeAnumber1

I have been looking over all three sites and have decided to go with my original plan, with buying from rayfoss

Could you look through the first page of this link and tell me which one you would recommend?

www.rayfoss.com

I really like the looks of the FLX laser, I also looked at a few videos on youtube and the laser seemed to be very popular.

What are your thoughts? Feel feel to recommend another line of lasers from that link.

-Alex

Last edited:
Dude, you realize you just ignored his previous advice (as well as the advice of other members), and now you're asking for his recommendation on what he's already chosen not to recommend. This is a breech of etiquette and is considered rude.

If you're going to ignore the advice of the forum, then roam aimlessly and learn from your own mistakes, as you don't head those of others.

The one you have picked out looks fine but I don't have any personal experience with rayfoss and can't give you an educated recommendation. If you go into the forum search function and search rayfoss review a bunch of reviews that people have done on rayfoss lasers will come up.

Also remember that if you plan to do any burning at all you'll need laser safety goggles to save your eyes.

Last edited:
@scumbagatheist

I was not ignoring his advice, if you would have read our previous conversation you would have known that I deeply considered the other two options.

I have not chosen a site to buy my laser from yet I am just considering different purchase options and talking out each site with TheDukeAnumber1.

I am LEANING towards rayfoss lasers at the moment. Even though it was my initial choice I would never waste anyone's time on the forum. If I already made up my mind, I would have never posted a thread asking questions and gaining knowledge from experienced people in this hobby.

I am open to other ideas and like I said, have not made any decisions yet.

Thank you for all your help @TheDukeAnumber1 I apologize if I have been rude in any way. This is my first post on this site and I dont really know the rules or etiquette of the forum yet.

-Alex

Last edited:
From what I have heard (mainly on this forum)

Lazerer can often sell overspec lasers, and if it is underspec, it probably won't be so underspec that you'd notice a difference in performance. Lazerer also offer a certificate of power that tells you exactly how your laser performs! So you'll know. It is also my understanding that they test the laser before they send it off, so it's unlikely you'll get a sub-par laser from them.

I've browsed Rayfoss my self and their prices don't appeal to me greatly.

I haven't recieved my laser from Lazerer yet so i can't give you answers based on my experience with regards to the quality of the companies products, I can only regurgitate what I've learned from my own research :)

Hope you're happy with whatever laser you purchase in the end.

@BrandonDouglas

Thanks for the input man!

I still have not decided yet which site to purchase from and I am always open to suggestions!

Please update me on what you think of your new laser once you get it.

-Alex

msige70, I'm glad to see you using patience. I know how hard that can be. You seem skilled enough, have you thought about a JAD kit from CajunLasers? There's no satisfaction like building your own!

msige70, I'm glad to see you using patience. I know how hard that can be. You seem skilled enough, have you thought about a JAD kit from CajunLasers? There's no satisfaction like building your own!

Is a JAD kit 'Just add Diode' ?

I recently took the Blu-ray diode out of my old PS3, do you think that would work in a JAD kit?