Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help on the circuit

Hi. I am new to the forum. I am mesing around with diodes from some time now.
I got experience with electronic soldering and dvd extracting from dvd.
Today I have open a dvd multispeed and I found on it only 1 open can diode. I tested it ( i test them with an module of aixiz of 25mw and usually run them with the LM317 built with 9 volt).

This diode has 1 pin case negative, 1 pin for the red and 1 pin for Infrared. It has 3 pins only but is similar like the other open can diode which usually are or red or infrared. Now I need first to know if i can use this diode to run it with the infrared and red in the same time or only or infrared or red. second what circuit should I use... can I use the same circuit for both red and infrared? and what if I need to run both?... the dvd writer was of 2008.
Also another question I open a sony dvd model DRU-510 AK... what current can i run on this diode
Thank you and sorry for my bad english... I am from Albania by the way :)

There is a common ground pin. You csn run both at the same time but you wikl beed two separate drivers. Sharing the ground pin of course. You can use the same kind of driver on both. I used two linear drivers from green pens on a build I did with both wavelengths. No idea on the last part. It could be any number of diodes. Even an IR one.