Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Help on building my first laser?

Michael D

First off, sorry if i'm in the wrong section :p

Anyway, I was just wondering, what is a cheap, maybe 700MW (I dunno how Watts work) That can burn things pretty easily, and can fit in this casing.

DIY Empty CLASSIC Host for Laser Pointer ( Complete Set )

I'd prefer to keep the price below $70, and any suggestions for a different case is appreciated. Also maybe some advice on my first build, and just anything else would be helpful. Also, links to good products help too.

Last edited:

SKeeZ

all you need is a 5.6mm diode and a driver. i would NOT suggest this as a first kit. i would get the C6 host for a first build (for their easy assembly and popularity.) What color beam do you want?

Michael D

Honestly color isn't a huge factor for me, should it be? Lol anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I'm mostly just concerned with price and power.

Thanks

SKeeZ

So i don't know of a 750mW diode but i do know of a Red-Orange 500mW. Will that work?

EDIT: it seems to be out of your price range. maybe a 300mW?

Last edited:
He's not going to get what he wants. First off learn what miliwatt means. Second $70 dollars? Ain't happening. Please learn ALOT more before asking questions. Did you know a laser of this power has the potential to blind PERMENENTALLY? Think about this more and learn.

Michael D

I think so, I just used 750 as like a base range, For my first laser i probably don't need that high do I lol.

SKeeZ

no. my first was 2000mW but if i were you, I would stick to 100mW-150mW

Last edited:

Michael D

He's not going to get what he wants. First off learn what miliwatt means. Second $70 dollars? Ain't happening. Please learn ALOT more before asking questions. Did you know a laser of this power has the potential to blind PERMENENTALLY? Think about this more and learn.
Sorry... I read up on safety and I obviously said I'm new to this. I went on here to learn, not be harassed. I doubt seeing this post took so much time that it was detrimental to your health, I would appreciate if you took your rage elsewhere. Goodbye

SKeeZ

there are 2 subsets of class 3: class IIIR and IIIb

Last edited:
If that's harassment then I'm the bloody antichrist. Just gets old all the noobs wanting us to feed them from the scepter of knowledge. There is a search function. I know nothing about you other then you want an extremely dangerous laser.

SKeeZ

Sorry. but nope. i dont think you will want to buy safety goggles because of their price (usually)

Last edited: