Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help on a pen laser purchase

Bloo

Hello guys! Brand new to this forum, and I have think after looking around a few threads that everybody on this site KNOWS what they are talking about. So I'm very excited to be a part of this very active community and see what happens in the future!

I'm currently on the market to buy a laser. I'm looking more up the scale on power for 100mW. I also would love it to be a pen pointer. I really love the simple look, style, and feel of a pen laser. I currently only own two lasers, a 1mW pen (which I think may be 5mW overspec) and a 15mW kaleidoscope pen. I now want to make the jump to 75mW to 100mW. I would also prefer the laser, if possible, to be a kaleidoscope pen as well (they are so amusing:p).

Now these are the lasers that I found so far that are not scams that seem to have positive feedback.

https://www.optotronics.com/proddetail.php?prod=Opto100S An Optotronics pen. The only downside to this guy is price. Other than that, really nice.

LP 515nm 532nm 1-150 A laserbtb LP 515nm 532nm 1-150. The price of this is much lower than the Optotronics pen, and can come with an IR filter. However this does not act as a kaleidoscope.

LZTN - Tiny 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer Key Chain A lazerer Tiny 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer Key Chain. This looks so adorable! And not to mention, price beats Optotronics by a long shot and is about $35-$40 cheaper than laserbtb. I have heard positive feedback about how much power is emitted from such a small laser. Only problems with it for me are the kaleidoscope isn't available, and I don't know if it is true, but would the smaller size make the battery run out faster?

Anyway those are the ones that I can think of so far. If you have any recommendations, please do not hesitate to post them! If not, which of these would be the best? What are the pros and cons of each laser? Is it worth it?

And don't worry about eye protection, I got a pair of protective goggles already! Precautions! :wave:

Lazerer is a HUGE NO! Other than that suggest there isnt much to say. Both of the other lasers are quality so it boils down to what do you like and want? We cant tell you what your style of lasers are, what features you like, how much you have to spend, etc......Only you know that so pick based on what personally feels right to you

Bloo

Lazerer is a HUGE NO! Other than that suggest there isnt much to say. Both of the other lasers are quality so it boils down to what do you like and want? We cant tell you what your style of lasers are, what features you like, how much you have to spend, etc......Only you know that so pick based on what personally feels right to you
Sweet thanks for the heads up about Lazerer! I'll keep that in mind! I was about to consider ordering today so thanks a lot! Also, have you heard of dragon lasers diffraction grating glass? It looks very interesting.

i would recommend laserbtb they sell pens too they have 2 colors black and white and u can add ir filter on them too and they are cheap.

Last edited: