Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help needed!!!!

Hello all,

Recap (if you dont want to read the entire thing): Bought three 18650 batteries for my laser from lazerer, none worked so i returned the laser thinking it was dead. Max said my batteries must have been bad and that the laser was working fine when he tried it. I used two ultrafires, and tried another 18650 from a local battery shop that had a flat top. I am now thinking it may have been the fact that the ultrafires were crap, and the battery shop one had a flat top. Any help or advice?!

I recently (well actually not recently its turning out to be quite of a long wait) purchased the LZCS 405nm 200mW laser off of lazerer (direct link: LZCS - Classic 405nm 200mW Focusable Violet Laser Pointer) and after waiting a dreadful three months for the darned thing to arrive, i put the batteries in (ultra fire 18650 from amazon, i know crappy set!) and when i pressed the button, nothing. The laser seemed dead, but i did not want to jump straight to that conclusion, i figured it was the batteries that were causing me trouble, because of their cheap quality and the fact that only one half of the crappy charger worked. So i was set on finding another pair of 18650 batteries and came across a batteriesplus that was near my house, so i called to verify if they had any of what i wanted, they confirmed, so i went on with my journey. I bought the battery with a charger, and it seems like a quality battery (happened to be flat top however...), and charger. I went home to charge the thing, and it took near four hours. I then put the battery in the laser and again, NOTHING! I was livid that MAX had sent me a dead laser. So i sent it back, and requested an exchange. He just got my laser a few days ago and sent me an email saying "I put batteries in it, and it works fine! You must of had a bad cell. Your laser a working charm! It is a well overspec unit! We send back with free battery" So im not sure what to do guys! i tested three batteries, and all of them had a bad cell? Or could it be the two ultrafire units were crappy, and the one from batteriesplus had a flat top so that messed up the connection?

Try putting a small ball of tin foil on the flat top where you think the battery isn't making a connection and try turning the laser on. The foil should fill the gap. Let me know what happens.

Thank you for your input! I will try that when i get my laser back:/ which will be in around 3-4 weeks. MAX also said he would send a free battery with the unit, so hopefully that battery will work:/

Thanks again! Ill tell you how it goes!

You could have already saved yourself a lot of time and trouble buy purchasing a digital multi meter or DMM. You can get this guy at walmart for like $15

GE Digital Multimeter, 17-Range, 6-Function, Yellow: Electrical : Walmart.com

You can test batteries and connections with this not to mention learn a good bit about electronics. Anyways, best advise is for you to go get one of these and test your batteries, tailcap, current draw of the laser.

GL

Oh. Well then. I thought you had the laser in your possession. If you sent it in and max said he will include a free battery. You can be sure it will work. Max is a good person and will take care of you! :)