Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help needed driver/diode question

I am a n00bie with building lasers but I love lasers. But I was wondering can a Red Laser Diode 200 mW be fitted to a 200mW Red Laser driver. Also if the driver is more powerful than the diode will the laser still work. The links to the components above are :

Driver - 200mW red laser diode driver / constant current /current adjusta [OLRDB-200] - $3.89 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Diode - Red Laser Diode 200 mW

Thanks in advance :)

Hello Nathan,

I've looked at the two components and the driver will work fine for a 200mW laser but its from a company that im not sure is trusted and that diode's decription does not offer much i can not promise that the two would work together but they might and laserdiy even stated on the decription that
250 mw open can laser diode,

May look different than picture
thats not verry good but this is just my experience ive never delt with either of those companys just i dont know much about the diode and i dont think laserdiy is trusted. :undecided:

nathan

Thank you for your reply. Do you know any trusted companies. If so what are their names?

nathan

Im not sure but i was just going to use a hobby box or something. Whats a good company to get components from though?

That diode is a little expensive, you can get one cheaper HERE Make them an offer, you can normally get it for $5/$6

You will also need THIS to put the diode in too. What host are you using, that driver is quite big and won't fit in to quite a few hosts"]THIS[/URL] to put your diode in, just push out the diode already in this as it's only 5mW

What host are you using, that driver is quite big and won't fit in to quite a few hosts

Im not sure but i was just going to use a hobby box or something. Whats a good company to get components from though?

if you would like a great host with good cooling go for

Survival Laser International Home

they offer great hosts and diode and drivers but remember if this is your first build your gonna need more professional help but survival lasers will give you all the components you need ill pm an professional to come to this thread and help you out ok

__ :poke:
me^____^professional

Last edited:
That diode is a little expensive, you can get one cheaper HERE Make them an offer, you can normally get it for $5/$6

You will also need THIS to put the diode in too. What host are you using, that driver is quite big and won't fit in to quite a few hosts"]THIS[/URL] to put your diode in, just push out the diode already in this as it's only 5mW

What host are you using, that driver is quite big and won't fit in to quite a few hosts

Hi Kookapeli your better with advise than me, nathan listen to this guy. :thanks:

Last edited: