Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP MY LASER IS BUGGIN OUT

look at this photo tell me what u thin the problem with it is.
i dont think i overheated because i have not used it for too long ( 20 secs max) i belive that there are just oils from my hands on the lens is there any way to take em of if that is the case?

Attachments

• WebCam_20080123_2006.jpg
    WebCam_20080123_2006.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 113

chido

Give more info, like where did you buy it? Or did you make it?

i tryed cleaning it with a qtip it just changes the smudges patterns... i bought the laser from stonetech it is a dvd burning laser hooked up to two AA batterys

Switch

Well try dipping the q-tip in some alcohol(?) or some cleaning solution and then clean your lens, then wipe it with another dry q-tip.If it's still there, try removing the lens and see if the light from the bare diode is nice and uniform or is it smudge-y like that.Maybe the diode can window is dirty....

XGUY

clean the diode window too
probably most of these are coming from the diode window
or you can take the window out ;D, i did that to one of my diodes and all these things gone away.
i didnt do it to clean the beam, i did it because i cracked the diode window by acident ;)

ok well i cleaned it and the blurryness went away but... its still an oval what should i do

Attachments

• WebCam_20080124_18251.jpg
    WebCam_20080124_18251.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 111
i dont know what u guys mean by diode window if u could find a picture and draw an arrow to the diode window i would be greatfull

uhh i think you're forgetting the lens. You need to install the diode in a housing that contains a focusing lens otherwise the output will always look like that. Plus running the diode directly in a maglite is likely to burn out your laser diode, you need to get a current regulator

o ok i need a lens i see.... well where can i get one?

and about the current regulator i want to make one but i have searched so many places for parts can anyone tell me where to get them???

ty guys/gals

XGUY

You did good cleaning the diode window, but to have a culminated beam you need to maount the diode on a diode module.

The module will have a opening where you need to put you diode in, and on the other end it will have the adjustable focusing lens.

here is a exemple picture of one, so you can see what we are talking about.
you can see the driver board, the diode, then you see where you mount it

Attachments

• 247-m.jpg
    247-m.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 217

XGUY

here is another one, just the module, hope this helps :)

One more thing, laser diodes are not meant to run at their max rated power without beeing put into the module, they will get hot and fry. the module helps them keep cool too

Attachments

• 145.jpg
    145.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 556

roSSco

Look for this at the top of every page.
search.gif

Enter a search term and click on that icon. Search results will appear on your screen, almost like magic.