Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP ME PLZ!!!

I R DOOMED

[media]http://amk123.110mb.com/07111701.mpg.SWF[/media]

I checked batteries also, BTW

ALso, it doesnt focus properly, the best I can get it is a 2 cm red dot with a concentrated red center and dimmer outer part, the concentrated part is preety small.

what causes damage to diode lens, I didnt remove the aixiz focuser untill after it broke...

look closly at the diode and make sure that nothing is on the window of the diode and that it isn't broken. also check if there is anything on your focusing lense on both ends. did you remove the plastic barier on the backside of the lense it may have melted due to the power of the laser and dripped on the diode. check everything carefully and tell us what you find

rubberband said:
look closly at the diode and make sure that nothing is on the window of the diode and that it isn't broken. also check if there is anything on your focusing lense.

how do I clean my LD lens, it seems its a little dirty, also, there is a small dot on my focusing lens, I dont think thats doing much tho...

a little bit of dirt can have a big effect on the output. i recomend that you try tomorrow to clean it after you have cleared your head. i have been there and killed a diode because of it so learn from my mistake. don't flip out. calm down and try once you have settled down.

btw how old are you man i am 14

rubberband said:
a little bit of dirt can have a big effect on the output. i recomend that you try tomorrow to clean it after you have cleared your head. i have been there and killed a diode because of it so learn from my mistake. don't flip out. calm down and try once you have settled down.

btw how old are you man i am 14

im 14 also, dont worry, I flipped out, put it aside, now im back to it, this happened hours ago.

its not dirt, its a clear spec, which doesnt wat to come off...

im so confused...

on which the diode or the focusing lens?

might anyone else have touched the laser. it looks like someone scratched or damaged the window. i have also heard of there already being dust in the diode cavity and having it nocked onto the lasing medium in the diode. try knocking it around a bit (but not too hard) and see if the look of the dot changes.

also what current are you running the laser at?

well at first i only saw the beginning of the movie but after seeing it al the way through the damage is obviously on the diode so don't mess with the focusing lens that isn't you problem.

read my mod to the post before your last and try some of those.

S

SenKat

amkdeath - do you have ANOTHER lens there to try in it ? It sounds like something got on the diode window itself.... I have seen one other laser like that, and the diode burned up from reflecting off of those speckles on the lens - so try not to run it too much before you get it all cleaned up. If it looks really funky without the lens in place, then there is definitely something wrong with the diode window. Did you buy that from me pre-assembled, or did you install the diode yourself ?

SenKat said:
amkdeath - do you have ANOTHER lens there to try in it ?  It sounds like something got on the diode window itself....  I have seen one other laser like that, and the diode burned up from reflecting off of those speckles on the lens - so try not to run it too much before you get it all cleaned up.  If it looks really funky without the lens in place, then there is definitely something wrong with the diode window.  Did you buy that from me pre-assembled, or did you install the diode yourself ?

pre assembled, of course

The diode looks fine, theres specks on the focusing lens tho... I hope i didnt kill my diode... I ordered an empty extra aixiz module from you, but I dont kn ow where it is, my mom thinks she threw it away :mad: *ignorant non laser understanders.... :mad: :mad:

Ill try to find it..

how can I clean my LD window? i need to know. thanks all,

amk

i don't really recomend this but i sometimes use a small screw driver and microfiber cloth and just ever so lightly touch the window of the ld an move it slightly. i then check the output and do it again until it is cleaned to my satisfaction. but seriously wait to do anything untill you get more advice from a member with more seniority than me like senkat. i am just a little less than a year into lasers so i still consider myself a noob.

be patient man, it can be a life saver

Daedal

Looks to me like you didn't carve out the AixiZ lens... and that could have caused the plastic to melt and drop on your lens...

With enough effort, I'm sure you'll get it back to working status ;)

GL;
DDL

C

Chris.

Daedal said:
Looks to me like you didn't carve out the AixiZ lens... and that could have caused the plastic to melt and drop on your lens...

With enough effort, I'm sure you'll get it back to working status ;)

GL;
DDL

I haven't done this either but my diode, for some reason, has a beam width of like 2-3mm which limits the dot to about the same. Obviously this isn't so good for burning...
Shall I use a diamond file and get dust all over the lens or a craft knife and hope I dont scratch it?