Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me please with my Romisen laser!!!!

Hello guys!
I have the romisen l-b030 green laser (30 mW) and after using cotton buds with a bit of alcohol in order to clean the module's len i have ended up in a horrible situation!

The dot has a lot of lines instead of being alone and clear.
Im sure that i haven't scratched it because i only use cotton buds and a microfiber tissue(the one you clean your glasses).

What can i do to make those horrible lines disappear????
PLZ HELP ME!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

Try a different type of Alchol to clean the lens.. or the old el chepo method windex... thats what I used... LMAO but it does take a bit of time to clean it propaly... try that see how you go.. other wise go to a dvd repair shop and ask for a laser cleaner kit (thats what i use now!).. that will give the best results!!

Hope that helped -Adrian

thanks guys! Bobhaha , what is the laser cleaner kit?? only a fluid?
because the len doesn't have any dust , just lines.
i have tried cleaning it with a cotton bud several times today , but its remains same!(and that makes you really angry!!!)

Matrixcs , do you think that this would help????
will i use it with a cotton bud???

You might have gotten some strands of cotton on the lens. If you did, and fired up the laser you might have burnt them on.

If you have something burnt on you cannot get it off. It might be cheaper to buy another module ($4) and swap the lenses. It could be cheaper than buying extra fluids, cloths, ect.

Try a LENSPEN SET with the AR fluid & follow the directions. There is a review of this unit in the "STICKIE" section. It's what I use on ALL my lasers & never had any troubles. They're also pretty inexpensive ( about $10.00 ) & do a GREAT job...............rob

You might have gotten some strands of cotton on the lens. If you did, and fired up the laser you might have burnt them on.

If you have something burnt on you cannot get it off. It might be cheaper to buy another module ($4) and swap the lenses. It could be cheaper than buying extra fluids, cloths, ect.

I totally agree with Tech_Junkie! buy a new module and swap out the lenses.. what do you have to lose.. $4??

then if you have the same problem you know it must be your laser!

Hope that helped! -Adrian

where can i find i module so cheap???please give me links!!!
and how can i change the len???

ohh my bad.. we are talking about a green laser right... Tech_Junkie's post confused me.. ok wat i recommend is that dvd laser repair/cleaner kit there about $10-$15 and you get about 500ml of fluid and a very small brush to clean the lens in a dvd drive/player.

But before you go out and buy that try looking at the lense (WITH BATTERIES REMOVED!!) and see if there are any burnt objects on the lens.. if so then another approach must be taken! if not then go and buy that kit...

PS: just for comformation can you take a piture of the problem (eg pic of the dot with the lines) just so we can diagnose it before u go out and buy all these products!

Hope that helped -Adrian

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

What should i do now????:(
HELP PLZ!!!!

Last edited:
Hmm... wow thats pretty bad.. do the lines move/flicker at all or does it seem like it is slightly fading in and out?? to me it looks like a dirty lens but its hard to say.. this could even be a misalignment.. is this laser new? bought together or diy? have you ever dropped it? have u been messing around with the focus??

If you have another laser I suggest placing them side by side as close as they can go then mesure the distance between the two beams.. then go to the wall and mesure between the two dots... this would give you a better idea of what is going on.. can you do that for me and see what your results are..

btw if you want you can go to your local store NOT EBAY!! and look for a kit simular to this

CD DVD ROM Player PS3 Car Stereo Laser Lens Cleaner Kit - eBay (item 140327922456 end time Jul-18-09 08:59:30 PDT)

That is CD cleaner kit.. you need to buy one that comes with a small brush.. otherwise what i have seen people do is.. with the bottom of the cd cut off the small cleaning brushs and stick them on top of an cotton bud and spray a bit of the cleaning liquard on that then GENTLY stroke the lens till all the liquard has gone..

Hope that all helped.. -Adrian

Last edited:
i have seen this video before. i have the lenspen but not the micro!
the one i have doesn't clean the len as it is too big!
what happens if i take the len out permanently???can i change the len with an other len???