Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me pick a laser to buy

K

Krane

LP 515nm 532nm 1-150
i really like the white, wish it was AA batteries tho instead, good price for 150mW

Reviews: Crown upgrade 400mW green laser torch/adjustable/waterproof [OL-CGL-400] - $195.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
also good price for the power, what do you think?

$205.20 Flexible Focus Green Beam Laser Ray Flash Light Pointer Strong Power AIG-300 - BudgetGadgets.com
best price for power plus rechargeables

which one do i get? if you have other good deals under $200 ill take them, i want nice quality, nothing too big, and ~150mW+

NO4H99

Is this your first laser? If so, I'd definitely go with the first (laserbtb) one, probably in a 50 or 70-ish power. Laserbtb is a reputable seller and makes quality products. The second one is a little powerful for a first laser, and the third is not as high of a quality.

If you're ok with the pen host - go for laserbtb. If not, check out sic-fi lasers. The guy is a member here (TheJoker301), has great service and quality products. He has a 100mw green (SFCG) in a handheld host - a little bigger, but focusable and has better duty cycles due to the bigger host. I think it's about 50 dollars.

Also, make sure you get some safety glasses - these lasers could cause permanent eye damage. (The Uvex pair in my signature in only $8 and sufficient for lower power (<200mw) greens).

Sci fi laser all the way. Joker won't steer you wrong. For 200 laserbtb has the hl532 300mW. Check that out too. Dragon laser hulk ultra 200mW also very nice cni quality laser.

My kingdom my kingdom for a high power green forget the horse of old days ..yes joker 301 is great bloke and posts fast and will post in two parts if you think its needed ...customs ..this is is what happens when you collect illegal items evil government officials with want to take from your mail and keep it themselves. They say destroy on the paperwork they send you, yeah right i bet they get all the good stuff minus drugs,weapons etc

Last edited:
For many here...Going only by output and price alone may not be the wisest way to make a choice you will be happy with for the long run.. Things like dependabilty, lifespan, customer service/satisfaction and warranty are all considered by the smart buyers.

That being said, I highly suggest you take a look at all that JETLASERS and myself have to offer--we get 5 stars in all the above criteria..

Things like reverse polarity protection, proper IR filters are standard with all JETLASERS. Please feel free to ask any and all questions .. you can ask Gray (username; JETLASERS) or myself and expect a quick reply.

We currently have two threads on-going in the Group Buy forum.

There are some especially great deals on models now on closeout.
Each is greatly reduced in price while still having all the original warranty.

Check the reviews by owners see the feedback and ask anyone their opinion of JETLASERS or us. Shipping is always done in both the fastest and safest manner.

*********We are not happy until each buyer is. **************

I have ATM here in Texas:........
several options you might like. JETLASERS is the only company that offered lasers made from titanium( exception was a China seller that was able to purchase the Ti-B hosts(likely seconds)from the maker where JL had the Ti-B host made and for a short time sold these) All remaining stock is 532nm DPSS- at less than half price(of $220)those I have in stock are now 95$.

I can ship today Ti-B 532/100+mW- these are first generation and come with ONE free 14500 3.6 vdc Li-ion battery and charger.

Ready to ship is also one new Pro Pl-E 445 2+W black host. this has the newest and most powerful 9mm diode- it is underdriven to ensure a long lifespan. Power graphs are available for this laser and it is very stable with a good beam profile. It uses two 16340 batteries (not included-out of stock)
PM for pricing.

Ready to ship-one brand new 532nm EQ in the silver/grey host-it is a 500+mW DPSS but is labeled and priced as a 400mW. These may be the finest lasers we have ever seen from JL. IR filtered-focusable- rear click switch and uses a single 18650 Lithium battery. PM me for price.
Add one Smart NiteCore charger and up to 3 high quality 18650 batteries
when placing the order and get a great deal.

While a much longer run time before a rest cycle can be done .. I suggest being conservetive and keeping the run cycle down to no more than 5 minutes-( 3 minutes for all Ti-Bs) the rest cycle cool down greatly depends upon the ambient temp. No handheld laser will ever cool down to a temp significantly lower than the ambient one.

The heat from the diode begins inside and once the outer areas are warm its safe to assume the interior is quite warm- if the outer portion is VERY warm assume the insides are now hot- While this may not cause failure ATM it *could* effect the lifespan of the laser.. in a word .. be kind and treat it accordingly.

We also often add some free extra surprises like high grade glass diffraction gratings, laser warning stickers etc.

I ship Ti-Bs CONUS only($10) others can purchase directly from Gray using this forum- if you want to pay more then shop and order at Jetlasers.org otherwise buy via Gray or myself.
..... hundreds of high end portable lasers have been purchased by LPF members in more than 8 group buys. JL no longer has anything to prove so instead of traditional GBs where all must wait until the last buyer pays you can get GB pricing and your lasers will ship without delay.

ATM we cannot ship ANY batteries with lasers from China. I can offer only any batteries that will fit inside the lasers being sent due to USPS regs regarding lithium batteries. WE are sorry for any inconvience this causes.

I also offer at 15$ the last charger you may ever buy &... for ALL rechargeable batteries (almost) every size and all types.

The Smart NiteCore i2 charger is one of thelast, best and safest chargers you may buy. Feel at ease leaving your lithiums over night or longer in a i2.

Each side has its own circuitry this is like having two intelligent chargers.

As we feel the safety of our buyers is more important than profits we offer these chargers at the lowest price we can. ATM with a I2 you can also order two(only) pcs high quality 16650 at $7.99each(for Ti-Bs)or at $8.99 each 18650s(both Pro and 1st generaltion Pl-E and the newest and most exciting JETLASERS EQ Series. In keeping with the current USPS regs. i can ship you three batteries if the order is for both a laser and the charger. As all lithium battery shipped by USPS MUST be inside the 'intended devices'.

Sorry but ATM we have no 26650 or 16340 Li-ions in stock.

before you order see the accessories and add-ons at JL.org
for a very nice nylon holster JL has the best and the prices are very low on these while the quality is high.

.... also you may want to order the JL ac/dc convertor this can be used instead of batteries (you MUST still follow suggested duty/rest cycling)
if the batteries are inside while using this 'wallwart' they will be getting charged at the same time. HOWEVER the ac/dc converter does NOT turn your JL handheld into a lab laser< been asked that Q a few times and want to be 100% clear!.

For the price asked, JL has a good deal on proper eyeware too.

Always own the correct eye protection BEFORE buying any laser.
Different wavelengths and require different protection.

Support LPF- ( make any size donation- they all help)

Buy from forum members first.

Take an active role when it comes to safe laser use.

Your responsibilty does NOT end when you allow others to handle your lasers !!

SAFELY Secure all lasers in storage.

If they at all can , children WILL play with your lasers when accessible- to think otherwise is more than just foolish its criminal.

thank you for reading this post===hak

Last edited:
K

Krane

It's not my first laser and I know all that. Thank you for the info I will review it tonight when I get home, cant currently cause I'm studying, Ill check out every option and let you guys know what I've decided, this is my first high power laser, i usually stuck to 30mW's, wanted blue one, but blue turns out to be too dark, sky blue too expensive, and in general blue is too dangerous due to high frequency, using it without goggles is a slow death to your eyes, using it with googles you dont enjoy it as much, green is the way to go

K

Krane

oh i also need a cheap green 5mW laser preferably with free shipping and aaa batteries for my cat

I second Sci-fi laser bought a 100mw green from the joker for about $50 when I metered it it was about 160mw. Comes with a free power graph so you know exactly what you get.

I also would recommend getting from hakzaw1 as an alternative, although I have yet to actually receive a laser from him (will be getting one soon). he has been very helpful and has yet to steer me wrong.

I agree with sci-fi 100mw green I just got mine about a week or so ago and it was my first (real) laser and its great!
for $50.00 cant beat it!

Just make sure wherever you buy from, get the batteries and charger from your own country. Sending a laser with batteries is a sure customs seizure

that's what everyone keeps saying but my sci-fi came with batteries and charger, did I just get lucky?

Hey things do slip by. But I really wouldn't advise it. Packages with batteries are often checked. And when they open it. Viola ,a giant laser, and they go home with a new toy and tell you they destroyed it. Australia is almost impossible to get a laser in. A member just got his new laser confiscated. Not because of batteries though.

oh I don't think ill try it again that's for sure, I actually read about not shipping with batteries after I already ordered,but joker came through!

Yeah I read in a post you found this out afterwards. I was hoping you got it through anyway. Looks like the laser gods smiled upon you ;) don't test them though lol

I will not say sorry for my long post especially about safety -TMI is better than too little.

about batts and laser in same box
for starters ATM (unless INSIDE the 'intended device') knowingly shipping lithiums by USPS starts with a 250$ fine and goes up from there.
that has zero effect on the China shipper shipping to you.

do you ship by USPS ?- I do and EVERY time I get asked about lithiums
at all USPS are REQUIRED to do this.

forget what others do and dont get caught--

________ here is a bit of positive info for you

Fleabay has a few China sellers who offer a three laser deal with free shipping they may have just one listing like this with all the others higher or no free ship-

you get R G and V (405)no batts- all use two aaas none will be spec- I tested three sets of three and all were way OVERSPEC- like a total of all three being close to 300mW...a few will not last long - short duty will help.

One arrived dead- I asked and got a free replacement in about three weeks and it too arrived DOA -n/p 4$ usd per laser .. big deal. I asked again and they said OK but needed me to send 5$ for the shipping--Pass.

aside from the fact that quality batteries and free batteries are very rarely the same..
AND its all your problem if you never see yor laser maybe 1% of the sellers (like JL) will do more than say that was unfortunate.

The other reason become clear if you imagine the people who open your box...
just how much do you suppose they know about lasers?
_________
What happens if i shine it at your face? dunno lets see.

what about shining it outside? dunno go out there and see

I wonder if I can harm it by leaving it run for ..say an hour? dunno & who cares?

OOPs I dropped it on the floor

IT looks very dim (IR laser) I will shine it into my eyes just like I do when my ordinary flash light quits on me.

Or shake it or bang it on something.

Is it waterproof ? dunno lets see

_______________ 2 cents about theft

does this happen at USPS?? - very little i bet.

at other carriers? prollly some but not as much as some think.

USPS is a great job- good pay- and benifits too

computers do not misplace stuff or forget EVER!

cameras are every where- theft at the USPS is very likely more than just a loss of job- criminal charges are VERY likely.

pics of 4$ lasers on a slightly foggy night your PIC skillz may not be the same-- I have been a photographer for 44 years.

enjoy the eye candy!!

Attachments

• 12  $3 rgv pens from china foggy nite 010.jpg
    12 $3 rgv pens from china foggy nite 010.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 12  $3 rgv pens from china foggy nite 006.jpg
    12 $3 rgv pens from china foggy nite 006.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 12  $3 rgv pens from china foggy nite 011.jpg
    12 $3 rgv pens from china foggy nite 011.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 12  $3 rgv pens from china foggy nite 013.jpg