Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me mod my SDL 301!

helo friends, i ordered a laser off ebay that is the 'SDL Laser 301'. In the discription it says it is a burning laser. After testing it out i realized it did not burn anything. After doing some reading online i found out that most high powered lasers have a screw that you can turn to lower or raise the power. i tried as hard as i could to open my laser and see if i could get it open, i could not. Has anyone had one of these lasers? Have you got it open? Is there a pot screw?

Thanks!

If you want a powerful laser that burns stuff then I recommend you save up some money and buy a real laser or build one yourself. Be sure to buy proper safety glasses first.

Alan

If you want a powerful laser that burns stuff then I recommend you save up some money and buy a real laser or build one yourself. Be sure to buy proper safety glasses first.

Alan

This. "pot modding" that piece of junk you bought will make it slightly more powerful, and drastically reduce its lifespan. You are far better off saving up a bit of money and buying a legitimate, nice laser, or building your own.

Your gonna need a laser specific torque wrench and a 3 phase power supply. I would start off by asking the company for torque specs first. Follow this link

I do have it focused all the way. Lighting grass and easy burn materials dont work

Yeah, it's the roll of the dice what power you will end up with on these "301" lasers. I have had the chance to measure a couple and they are all different, from 40mW to 100mW. May be some more powerful than that, but I haven't seen them. Your best bet is to buy a quality laser, or for less money learn how to build one. The premade lasers are always higher because everyone is trying to make a profit. Some more than others. Good luck.