Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me decide what diode/module to put in my MX900 build.

Ok so it will be my first build and I bought the nice "Plug'n'Play" MX 900 from Rich (Lifetime17).

I would like to put in a nice 12mm diode+module from DTR.
But which one?
Help me choose a nice combo please.

I was thinking of a huge 7w NUBM44 450nm but I've already got two of Rick's units. :rolleyes:

I've also got some MX900 1.4W 520nm greens and 1W 638nm reds from Rick.

I was hoping for some input from you lovely people (experts) on my first build.

What would you suggest?
Something with a nice tight beam/spot/low divergence perhaps, either in a blue or a green?
Or maybe a more exotic blue (I can't really see much difference between the 450nm and 462nm (mind you it was a Sci-Fi unit so who knows what Eitan chucked in that one !
:horse:

So ok, what would you put in this nice unit from Rich?
What does DTR have in the 12mm that might be a nice addition to my MX900 collection?

Cheers
RB

53365d1476039701-plug-n-play-hosts-sale-img_2343.jpg

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Andrew, first of all, good luck on your 1st build! :yh:
I personally would go with the NUBM07E 465nm. IMO, it's one of the best wavelengths available, especially if you're looking in the blue/green region.
It is hopefully going to be one of my next builds.

Whatever you decide to go with, we'll be looking forward to some of your great photos and beam shots!

Last edited:

BobMc

Ok so it will be my first build and I bought the nice "Plug'n'Play" MX 900 from Rich (Lifetime17).

I would like to put in a nice 12mm diode+module from DTR.
But which one?
Help me choose a nice combo please.

I was thinking of a huge 7w NUBM44 450nm but I've already got two of Rick's units. :rolleyes:

I've also got some MX900 1.4W 520nm greens and 1W 638nm reds from Rick.

I was hoping for some input from you lovely people (experts) on my first build.

What would you suggest?
Something with a nice tight beam/spot/low divergence perhaps, either in a blue or a green?
Or maybe a more exotic blue (I can't really see much difference between the 450nm and 462nm (mind you it was a Sci-Fi unit so who knows what Eitan chucked in that one !
:horse:

So ok, what would you put in this nice unit from Rich?
What does DTR have in the 12mm that might be a nice addition to my MX900 collection?

Cheers
RB

53365d1476039701-plug-n-play-hosts-sale-img_2343.jpg

I've made two laser so far, my first one was a "hot option" from JayRob" and it used an nubm06 from dtr, I have to say color is real pretty, it's a 455 it is a militia-mode so it has a wider beam you can fix it by half or so it seems with a g7 but it seemed to cut down the brilliance to much for me. The color is like a turquoise. I've got a nice little collection started and I think it's one of my prettiest colors. My opinion, food for thought ? ( also like your signature )!!---------edit,forgot to wish you the best on your build whichever you decide !!

Last edited:

94Z28

NUBM07E If you want a blue.. and if you want a green just do another NDG7475 or NUGM01T but beam expand it this round for some difference in builds.

Good luck! Plenty of heat sink for any diode you could want.. so wouldn't want to put any real low power in it when any host/hs could hold it.

GSS

Yes Yes Yes go for that pure aqua blue with at least 4W for your next new WL:)
I'm a bit confused at to which diode does this though as on some members sigs they show it as 470nm. Is it a the 07E thats pushed like on Pman's build?
Alien build one at good power but I don't know the diode he used:thinking:

Last edited:
The difference between the NUBM44 and NUBM07 is very noticeable, if you want to burn the 44 has the power, but that bright blue color of diodes like the 7675 and NUBM07 is remarkable and the 7675 is sturdy but not as strong, I think it has better divergence that the de-canned 07, anyone know?

I am pretty sure it does, hopefully the 2.6w rated upgrade will have decent divergence more like a 140/7875 but with that wonderful 465-470nm color and keeping the protective can/window is a plus.
If I wasn't spending all my extra money on other things right now I would want to know what the beam profile of the 7675 upgrade looks like, it's rated at 2.6w rather than 1.4w . It could be a NUBM07 in a can, but the power number falls in between, I am hopeful the divergence will be good, well compared to the 07 and 44.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-N...0000bde&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=141981138576

Last edited:
It's hard to say what you might get out of that $143.00 eBay diode, as they have a data sheet, but it might not be for that diode, but if it is it looks like the divergence won't be as good as the M140 or the NDB7875. I agree that you want something near the 465nm wavelength, but that diode might be a crap shoot for you. I guess once you get into diodes that will output 4 watts or so, the divergence becomes a real issue as the emitter size always seems to be quite large. Not that the $143.00 diode will do that, but any diode that does will have divergence issues.

Hey Red, I sent Techhood a message on ebay since he has some of the new 2.6W diodes he said "At 10ft distance the diameter of the beam is around 2cm (after collimation lens focus). At 20ft is is 3cm around."

Sta

Hey Red, I sent Techhood a message on ebay since he has some of the new 2.6W diodes he said "At 10ft distance the diameter of the beam is around 2cm (after collimation lens focus). At 20ft is is 3cm around."

Ask them which lens they used... is it a G-2 or a 3-element lens?