Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me come up with a name for an online laser store?

Laser Store Name?

• Total voters
I'm thinking about buying some web hosting and a domain so I can have my own store for selling lasers (much easier than doing it through messages and forums) and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to throw some ideas out there for names.

Thinking something similar to Wicked Lasers, Sci-Fi Lasers, Illumination Supply. Those are just some good ones off the top of my head. I want something catchy but not too long or complicated. Any help would be great!

EDIT: I'll probably sell custom flashlights and other electronics too, but it will mainly be lasers. Also, the one that comes up with the name I choose will get a gift code! ;)

Ideas:
Beyond Lasers (JPlex)
The Laser Hut (Kilter)
Infinity Laser (Livinloud)
Insane Lights (Zathras)
PhotonShack (Eudaimonium)
Stellar Lasers (robomont)
Radiance Electronics (Lazerbeak)

Last edited:

norbyx

I think that before you even think about opening a online laser store you need to start placing yourself in the market of lasers by gaining a name in this forum as a good builder.
Opening a store with no name and selling lasers maybe imported from china won't get you very far here, at least in my opinion.

Also try to make some numbers, since laser building is not like it's going to give you a lot of margin, there are many members that sell lasers near the cost or below it, and those are the ones that sell, the others that want to have a great profit out of the build, normally just get stuck in the BST section....

Just my 5c

LightResources, LaseResources, PhotonShack, Luminate Electronics, LightCircuit, LightWaveSource, LightSubstrate.

In respect to your username, SoulShop or Soul's Shop.

i was gonna say SOL lasers.i think sol stands for sun.SOLAR STORE.
SOL LIGHTS AND LASERS.WICKED WANDS LASERS AND LIGHTS.STELLAR LASERS

Do not use anything with wicked....will get bad connection with WL. Being from MA I say wicked all the time but try not to use it here since I dont like WL at all. Take a look and you will see I dont like them so much I do sneaky things to rename them

Stin

Beam Bin
Beam Box
Laser Lodge
laser led
Infinity Beam
Laser infinity
Beam Bazaar/ Laser Bazaar
Laser Unlimited

Thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate it. Some nice ideas you're coming up with :D

I think that before you even think about opening a online laser store you need to start placing yourself in the market of lasers by gaining a name in this forum as a good builder.
Opening a store with no name and selling lasers maybe imported from china won't get you very far here, at least in my opinion.

Also try to make some numbers, since laser building is not like it's going to give you a lot of margin, there are many members that sell lasers near the cost or below it, and those are the ones that sell, the others that want to have a great profit out of the build, normally just get stuck in the BST section....

Just my 5c
Well, I have a friend that's giving me free hosting, so part of my reasoning for setting up a store is for the coding/managing experience. I just never had a reason to host a website before ;)

And I'm aware that lower prices sell... I try to look up other prices and find the lowest and sell at or right below that with just about anything I sell (unless I lose money out of the deal, of course). One of the main reasons that I want to sell lasers is so that I can afford to keep building them. If I just held on to them I'd only be able to build one every month or 2, but if I sell one then I instantly have money to build another :D
^^that's why I'm investing in a LPM, so that I can sell them more consistently and people know exactly what they're getting.

Last edited:

norbyx

That is a very good way to see things, LPM is a must if you want to gain trust, and if you plan in selling at good prices than you should have a fair ammount of success....

Well good luck in your quest...

What ever name you go with just beware the Feds might find your shop and pay you a visit if you are selling lasers rather then just laser parts. It's happened to folks here so just be aware.

What ever name you go with just beware the Feds might find your shop and pay you a visit if you are selling lasers rather then just laser parts. It's happened to folks here so just be aware.

Right... I'm gonna have to move to China if I get too popular ;)

ARG

I really like the name PhotonShack. Simple, easy to say, and it's already stuck in my head.

Last edited:
Norbyx and jcranmer made some really good points. Establishing yourself as a quality builder on LPF is a good idea. Having some trusted Vets on the site review your work would also be a good idea in my opinion. I don't think any of the builders here are getting rich. They are usually just providing a service to the community and maybe making enough to fund their own hobby if they're lucky.

two more cents ;)

~ LB

Last edited: