Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me choose goggles

35prhi.jpg

Your putting a $20 value on your eyes.

i-asked-for-a-pony-wtf-is-this.jpg

Click the image, those are only $1.97!!!!!

Last edited:
well when you act like a troll and continue to ask "dumb" questions you will get trolled back. We aren't here to answer the same question 500 times a day! How many times do people need to tell you to use the search bar? safety glasses are the TOP DISCUSSED topic here so yeah
tumblr_li7r7nlmiB1qafrh6.jpg

Well if you don't want to answer that thread because it had been asked before it's up to you,but acting rude and complaining in almost every thread I make isn't good example for new community member how to treat people.I'm really dissapointed about your behaviour.
And that's just my opinion,no offense.

Last edited:
Well if you don't want to answer that thread because it had been asked before it's up to you,but acting rude and complaining in almost every thread I make isn't good example for new community member how to treat people.I'm really dissapointed about your behaviour.
And that's just my opinion,no offense.

BTW if you would open your eyes and look at the yellow link in my signature then over 75% of your questions you have posted would be answered. just so you know, im disappointed in your behavior in not listening to what people have suggested to you (aka use the search bar) Enjoy your day

EDIT: in response to your neg rep you gave me........if someone or multiple people for your case, "complain" about you not using the search function then don't you think there is a problem causing us to suggest this to you?

Last edited:
Actually I had read that yellow guide today several hours ago.
Also if someone would ask me same thing that I asked before I would help that person and won't start trolling and complain about it.
I could find almost everything if I want to and if I 'd have enough time ,but I choose this forum instead ,because I prefer chatting,personal help.
Your negative reputation to me was incorrect because I tried to use search function ,but unsucessfully.

Actually I had read that yellow guide today several hours ago

Good to hear. This means you read the safety part and saw the 4 or 5 links about safety glasses ranging from $10-100+

Your negative reputation to me was incorrect because I tried to use search function ,but unsucessfully.

Oh wait, if you read my thread then your question should have been answered :thinking: so how were you unsuccessful or why did you ask the question if you already read my thread? If you are unsuccessful in finding answers about safety glasses on this forum then you have no clue what you are doing, i search safety glasses and get over 500 results :thinking:

EDIT: Trolling not needed, you are trolling yourself

Last edited:

ARG

Should be the other way around mate, buy 150$ goggles and a 20$ laser.

Check out OEM laser systems, the ARG filters are good. LaserGlow also carries similar ANSI/CE approved goggles.

Eagle pair also has cheap goggles, not as good as OEM laser systems but they are only 60$ish I think.

since you want real advice ill give you my serious opinion (and yes this is a serious opinion). I think you should buy THESE or THESE. The only thing i dont like about the second pair is you may look like an oompa loompa

Last edited:
Livin,yes I read that thread (not every word) ,but I did.In safety part I saw some goggles which you posted there and even clicked on link on 10$ glasses ,and I saw that those glasses transmits some green light via goggles.So my question wasn't answered and I made this thread because I'm not sure if my laser has IR or not ,if it has what goggles should I buy for 20$ price range...

ARGLaser, I'm not sure if I need that expensive goggles since I will use my laser smart(promoting common sense).

EDIT: Livin,how long have you been searching for most expensive goggles?I think you 'd advice me to buy eagle pair ,but I can not afford it at the moment.Personally I'd choose eagle pair too ,but I just don't have money...

Last edited:
Well not to beat a dead horse but if you searched this forum you'd find that lazerer lasers dont have IR filters and thus you'd need to buy a cheap one from somewhere like o-like or fleabay. Then to get to your other point, unless you spend $200 on glasses they will still let light through. the lower the OD the more light that is let through, the higher the OD the less light let through but the higher the cost. for $20 ALL you will be able to get are the uvex glasses.

EDIT:
ARGLaser, I'm not sure if I need that expensive goggles since I will use my laser smart(promoting common sense).

EDIT: Livin,how long have you been searching for most expensive goggles?I think you 'd advice me to buy eagle pair ,but I can not afford it at the moment.Personally I'd choose eagle pair too ,but I just don't have money...

That is like saying i dont think i need my eyes. That also took me less than 1 minute to find both pairs of glasses since i used the links i had in the thread you read. i advise to buy the best glasses you can afford. if you cant afford the eagle pair then i advise you buy the uvex. if you cant afford the uvex i advise you sell your laser or dont use it until you can afford the eagle pair. the uvex are an absolute last resort choice. i dont use the uvex and never have. i own two pairs for friends but thats because i care about my friends vision but that doesnt mean im going to spend $100 on occasionally used glasses for friends. i bought my girlfriend eagle pairs because i value her vision as if it was my own.

EDIT 2: i dont think the eagle pair are good enough for my eyes and as soon as i can afford the thor glasses i will gladly drop $300 on protecting my vision so i didnt recommend those to be a jerk or anything. i recommend those because they are top of the line

Last edited:
Mhmm are you talking about these?
Uvex S0360X Ultra-spec 2000 Safety Eyewear, Orange Frame, SCT-Orange UV Extreme Anti-Fog Lens - Amazon.com

I've seen http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/c...test-uvex-s0360x-ultra-spec-2000-a-73484.html
and in the end OP said "For 532nm, green light was blocked, HOWEVER I would not advice the use of these goggles with a 532nm, or any DPSS laser if the laser is not IR filtered. "

So if my laser isn't IR filtered I will get blind if accidentally indirect light hit my eye via those goggles and I will fast close eyes?

fast close eyes? not understanding that part but yes, you COULD go blind or have affected vision if you dont filter your laser. HOWEVER as i mentioned above you can buy a cheap IR filter and epoxy it to the front of your laser and solve this problem

see i am not "rude" when you ask questions that are more specific. open ended or vague questions are not liked here by many if not the majority of members. i dont mind answering questions more than once if they are specific and detailed questions. as long as you do a better job of searching and a better job of providing details in your questions i am MORE than happy to help you out. keep it up ill even give you + rep to turn that negative around :beer:

Last edited: