Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me assemble my laser?

r1Bro

Well I have finally got all the parts for my very first build (hopefully). I have a C6 host with heatsink, aixiz module, 300mw 405nm diode, and a 0-400mah driver, and a panasonic 18650 battery.

I am making this thread mainly because I dont know how to assemble it. I know the basics how to press diode in module ect. Whats got me making this thread is the driver I am using has a spring on it and I do not understand how it will make the connections since it goes into the axixz module correct? I have looked all over trying to find some sort of video on how to assemble this but I have had no luck finding one that uses a spring driver. Could someone please explain to me how this would go together and how it makes the connections with the battery? Thank you!!

2yy7a5s.jpg

fw0f7p.jpg

Last edited:

r1Bro

Your pictures aren't visible or I'd probably help you out..

Hey thanks! Their just pictures of the parts, they should be working now. It would be really great if you helped! I am just really confused on how I will make the connections with the driver to the battery. Thanks!

Do you the flat circular pcb from inside the flaslight that normally makes contact with the battery?

r1Bro

None of those are using a driver like the one I am. My driver is different and wont fit in the pill even if I were to cut off the spring.

just do not use the back half of the Aixiz module and see if you driver will fit inside of the heat sink, it better.

The set screw that holds the Aixiz module in the host should be grabbing the front part anyway so you do
not need the back half if this is true.

you may have to unsolder the spring and solder a wire there and connect the other end of it to a +positive
battery terminal like this one that I make specifically for the C6 host.

Last edited:

Blord

Is the driver in the second picture a boost driver ? You are going to use one 18650 cell for the 405nm diode. It needs a boost driver.

r1Bro

Is the driver in the second picture a boost driver ? You are going to use one 18650 cell for the 405nm diode. It needs a boost driver.

I don't think it is, here's a link to it and the diode I have. I have 1 18650 battery, and I have two 18350 batteries laying around (I didn't buy them for the laser but if I could use those and make this driver work I will)

405nm 100-300mw Laser Diode Driver Reverse Protection | eBay

405nm 300mW blu-ray laser diode 6x blu-ray diode sled | eBay

r1Bro

I have no experiences with your drivers. If it fits the C6 host then use the driver with the blank round pcb like Flaminpyro shown in the picture.
You will need one 18650 cell.

If it don't fit then use a round linear driver like the Mohgasm driver. You will need in this case two 18350 cells. http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-9x-c6-just-add-diode-kits-70629.html
Btw Mohrenberg don't sell the driver anymore.

Well i tried it out, connected the diode to the driver put it into the host and it worked for a bit, turned it off to lower the power cause it got hot quickly. Now tried to turn it back on and it wont turn back on...so did i fry my diode you think? Could you link me to a new 250mw-300mw 405nm diode, and a proper driver for it? Or do you have any that you could sell me? Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Actually I don't think i fried it because it just turned back on, I think it was the positive contact connection messing up. But still I am new to lasers obviously how hot is normal? The module/heatsink was very hot to the touch after only being on maybe 30 seconds.

Last edited:

r1Bro