Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help in choosing high powered laser

Hi Guys,

So my friend showed me a 100mw green laser the other night and i was so intrigued by it that i have decided i want one! Maybe something a little higher powered though. I was after something that had a very long range, high visibility, good burning capabilities and a nice beam. I was thinking the Spartan 1W or the S3 Krypton 1W (wickedlasers claim this to be the brightest handheld laser, not sure if this is true maybe you guys can clarify it also seems a little pricy at $900!). What do you guys think?

First of all look at this
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/33-reasons-not-buy-wicked-lasers-56289.html

For your first purchase I would recommend a good pair of safety glasses. As far as lasers your first laser probably shouldn't be a 1W. One mistake with a 1w and YOU WILL DO SERIOUS EYE DAMAGE. If you look at the companies section you can find good companies to buy from.

EDIT-Wicked lasers sells under spec garbage and there claims of the brightest handheld lasers are also BS. There is a actually a builder here who made the highest power handheld that we know of.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

So my friend showed me a 100mw green laser the other night and i was so intrigued by it that i have decided i want one! Maybe something a little higher powered though. I was after something that had a very long range, high visibility, good burning capabilities and a nice beam. I was thinking the Spartan 1W or the S3 Krypton 1W (wickedlasers claim this to be the brightest handheld laser, not sure if this is true maybe you guys can clarify it also seems a little pricy at $900!). What do you guys think?

Buy Protection Safety Goggles first.

Make sure they are for green laser . Manufacturers usually print something like this 190-540nm

Meaning: green 532nm wavelength is included in protection spectrum.

Glasses (front lenses) are usually red-orange in color so you cannot go wrong.

Brown for blue lasers

Blue for red lasers

Okay thanks for your input. I will go ahead with the purchase of safety glasses once i figure out which laser i want. I am interested in the following lasers

Spartan 1watt Blue
1500mW 445nm Blue Laser Pointer by Warn Laser
FireDragon-III 300mw
O-Like 500mW green laser torch/waterproof

Which one of these would have the best range/distance? If anyone can think of any other lasers which could be of interest please let me know.

Last edited:
Okay thanks for your input. I will go ahead with the purchase of safety glasses once i figure out which laser i want. I am interested in the following lasers

Spartan 1watt Blue
1500mW 445nm Blue Laser Pointer by Warn Laser
FireDragon-III 300mw
O-Like 500mW green laser torch/waterproof

Which one of these would have the best range/distance? If anyone can think of any other lasers which could be of interest please let me know.

You first decide : blue or green.

Search this forum to find advantages/disadvantages of both.

You first decide : blue or green.

Search this forum to find advantages/disadvantages of both.

Which one would provide a higher range and visibility? High wattage green lasers a quite pricey so i think im leaning to the blue side.

jimdt7

Green(532nm)=High range and high visibility
Blue(445nm)=High burning capabilities

I have the o-like crown 500mw and i love it.
It is also a lot over-spec it peaked at >710mW

Jim

Last edited:
Seems as though warnlaser has a bad rep so i have decided to go with either dragonlasers or O-like.

I am thinking either the spartan 1w blue
Spartan Series 1W Blue Handheld Laser, Rectangle Beam :: Blue Handheld Laser ----- 447nm Laser ----- Spartan Series Lasers :: Handheld Lasers :: Dragon Lasers

O-like 500mw green crown
Powerful Crown upgrade 500mW green laser torch/waterproof [OL-532-500] - $269.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

O-like Real 1W blue
Real 1W 445nm blue Laser torch/waterproof/focusable

O-like power rock 1W blue
Power Rock 1W Blue laser torch /Focusable/ waterproof [OL-PRBL1000] - $152.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Seems as though warnlaser has a bad rep so i have decided to go with either dragonlasers or O-like.

I am thinking either the spartan 1w blue
Spartan Series 1W Blue Handheld Laser, Rectangle Beam :: Blue Handheld Laser ----- 447nm Laser ----- Spartan Series Lasers :: Handheld Lasers :: Dragon Lasers

O-like 500mw green crown
Powerful Crown upgrade 500mW green laser torch/waterproof [OL-532-500] - $269.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

O-like Real 1W blue
Real 1W 445nm blue Laser torch/waterproof/focusable

O-like power rock 1W blue
Power Rock 1W Blue laser torch /Focusable/ waterproof [OL-PRBL1000] - $152.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Go with dragon lasers. They get there lasers from the company CNI which makes some of the highest quality lasers available. While O-like might be cheaper just remember that when it comes to lasers (and just about everything else) you get what you pay for. They have good customer service as well which is a plus. Lately people have been seeing problems with O-like such as taking extremely long to ship lasers. Also buying from O-like can be very hit or miss, you can get really lucky and get an awesome over spec laser or you can get a very underspec laser with issues.

rhd

Whatever you do, don't go with DragonLasers. From first hand knowledge, I can tell you that they are dishonest scammers. They outright lied about a refund (credit card proof of it). In the end, they scammed $120 from me.

If you were limited solely to the options listed in this thread, I'd go with O-Like's 532nm options. You want distance/range, and 532 is going to get you that. Of the options listed for 532s, O-Like is the way to go in the relatively low-budget arena.

DrSid

O-like is fine. But if you want to go blue, some forum members build lasers superior to anything from China.

D

Deleted member 22482

Don't ever go with WarnLaser. As a new person to the community I didn't know a thing about the companies and as WarnLaser was a sponsor here and the members here seemed to be trustful I assumed that WarnLaser would be trustful. It turned out they aren't. I bought a laser from them and what I received was a pen (yes, a ballpoint pen!!!) inside some bubblewrap....

But my CC company returned my $110 and in the end I had a cheap chinese ballpoint pen for free.