Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help in building white laser

pwNd

Ok, I decided to make a 7 color laser and I'll be ordering all the parts, but before that I just wanted to ask is it ok to follow this guide How to: Pocket sized 7 Color Laser with Spiro Projector | Hack N Mod

I'm asking because I read on rog8811's blog(I think) that he needed some optics from PS3 sled cuz some part from PHR sled didn't pass bluray light well(50% loss).
So, do I need both PHR sled and PS3 sled, or will the PHR one do the job?

And also is these powers ok to combine: Red- LCC@350mA, Violet- PHR@120mA and Green- 30mW module

Thank you

ReNNo

You only need PHR sled that is much cheaper

It turned out that PHR turning mirror is even better for 405nm laser but doesn't pass all green light trough.
But who cares :D Green modules are cheap and 30mW will be fine.

Get a White Fusion kit, should make things a lot easier for you

Green modules are cheap

Never thought I would hear somebody type that :D Now I wish blue modules would come down in price. I want a RGB not a RGV :)

I think the white fusion kit will hold up better because of the heatsinks. Not to mention it will be easier to align the beams. A laser like this is meant to be left on for quite a while, you need to make sure everything stays cool.

Well said when I sit down to play with mine it usuly stays on for an hour or more ;)
and one of these will made alignment much easier.
2jalyj7.jpg

I think the white fusion kit will hold up better because of the heatsinks. Not to mention it will be easier to align the beams. A laser like this is meant to be left on for quite a while, you need to make sure everything stays cool.